Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good?

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #1  

steveky

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ L3010HST, BX 1800
I've been looking at a Snapper hi vac mower with a bagger. I don't need a big mower for my lawn, just need to mow around a few trees and it has some hills. The dealer told me that Snapper had one of the best bagging systems ever made. Does anyone have any experience with this mower and does the bagger work that good or is he just blowing smoke.

Thanks

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #2  
Steveky,
The Snapper Hi Vac mowers are excellent mowers. I have used mine for the past 3 years and have not had problem one. The hi-vac deck is what sold me. I live in the Tree city so I have tons of leaves and sticks. It sucks up every stick and leaf that comes in it's way. I only have a 5 h/p push model. You should take a look at the 7 h/p Briggs unit. Cast iron sleeve, Hi-Vac deck, bagger and side chute. Excellent mower. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #3  
Ditto, I have a couple of Hi-Vacs they work good, too good you have to empty the bag often! I also use a ninja mulching blade with mine and it works good too.

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #4  
I've used a Snapper on my lawn for 15 years, 13 with my current 5.0 B&S s/p model. The only problem with the HiVac system is that is works TOO well. It will suck up loose soil, fertilizer, rocks, small children (not really - but you get the idea).

I have used the mulching option for the last 10 years and have much better results on my lawn. It really pulverizes the grass clippings and puts them back down to decompose. I remove the mulching plug and vacuum the sidewalks when I finish mowing, and that's about the only time I use the bag.

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #5  
I also have the Snapper. The suction and bagging system is as your dealer claim. This mower had every thing I required, easy adjustable wheels, large bag and a optional side chute, adjustable self propelled speed (on the fastest setting I almost have to run), easy starting. I got the commercial Kawasaki motor and it will cut grass/weeds 2 feet tall without stalling. The only negative thing I can think of is wet thick grass seem to clog at the base of the chute when you use the bag. (but that is kind of expected) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #6  
I am still using a model I bought in the mid 70's. Aluminum deck V21 model which I don't know if they're available anymore. I think it's on it's 3rd engine and I've replaced the wheels once or twice. In my opinion this one is still better than anything on the market today.

kj

/ Snapper Hi Vac mowers any Good? #7  
i have an use 3 different snapper rear engine mower right now: have had several others: an i have only encountered one problem: they went to what they call a smooth clutch several years ago, because people would take off in a higher gear an pull the front wheels off the ground: well, i mow a couple areas with the deck as low as it will go: an i have to push to get the mower up the side of a ditch: it will not even pull itself out..i could raise the deck, an go on out, or i can mow it in reverse an it works ok: but it never has been able to handle the ditch an the deck on the ground: an it has a 14hp kohler motor: its been worked on an adjusted an all the things snapper says to do: but if you finally talk to some of the snapper folks, they finally admit it isn't as good as the old system. other than that, they are great mowers.
heehaw