Loud Noise After Engine Shut-off

/ Loud Noise After Engine Shut-off #1  

littlebuddie

Tractor
MF35 Utility
Hello Everyone!

I have a 18 y/o Snapper riding mower which has given me no problems until today. I can offer more specs if needed. When I shut off the ignition this afternoon, there was a continuous loud humming/buzzing noise coming from the engine compartment which only stopped after I disconnected the battery. It must have been the starter making the noise as I can't think of what else near the engine would run on after engine shut down. I did some searching and only similar situation had to do with the starter solenoid. I am clueless so I hope someone can guide me in this situation as I have to repair this myself, can't afford service agent but I am very clever when it comes to fixing things. Today was over 100 degrees if that has any influence on the problem. I am thankful in advance for any troubleshooting advice that may come my way.
Thanks!

P.S. The mower is an LT160H42CBV2
I have also posted this in the General Lawn And Garden forum as the Snapper forum doesn't seem to get much traffic.

Last edited:
   / Loud Noise After Engine Shut-off
I appreciate the hundreds of views to my question even though I received no replies. Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else has this problem. Testing revealed that the starter solenoid was the culprit, probably stuck contacts. New solenoid ordered and on the way. Thank you.