Snapper 1855 Deck

/ Snapper 1855 Deck #11  
I know the feeling. I have a massey 1655. My 54 inch deck rotted out. I got lucky and found one on ebay from a slightly different model, was alittle expensive getting it here plus I had to adapt it to work with my 90 degree gearbox on top. Anyhow, keep looking on ebay you might get lucky.

/ Snapper 1855 Deck #12  
I have a Snapper 1855 that's about 30 yrs old.....it was made by Massey Ferguson then Snapper took these tractors over somehow. It's still going but the issue is the deck pulleys and belts. The deck has 3 blades operated by a rubber insert gear cogged pulley....a cogged belt (what i'd call a timing belt) turns in the grooves of the pulleys......I used to change the pulleys and belts about every season or two and it was fine but eventually the teeth on the belts and/or the coggs on the pulleys wear down and causes the blades to become "untimed" and hit each other.

I've tried numerous places and get dead end answers that these parts are no longer made...ie: discontinued. I found one piece but couldn't find them all so it's useless. I hate to scrap this whole tractor but I'm out of ideas. It's one tough tractor and I can't believe somebody don't make at least a replacement deck. It's drive shaft driven and very heavy built.

Any ideas????

i dont know where you can get those parts,but Iwould be interrested in the tractor if you decide you want to get rid of it .I'min the prossec of restoring a1855.

/ Snapper 1855 Deck #13  
I think I have the part you are looking for. I have the gear box and shaft that couples to the front PTO on a Snapper 1855A. It is available if you need it. However, I need a steering gear for the same tractor. Know where I can get one? Jim Harris jimharris42@hotmail.com

/ Snapper 1855 Deck #14  
Don't know if you still have your snapper 1855 but here is the part number for the center pully from snapper. Snapper 7059573
PULLEY, TIMING BELT CENTER. I have used and still use the center pully on the outside, works fine. If you still have the 1855 do you want to sell it, I have 2 but would be interested in another one.

/ Snapper 1855 Deck #15  
Look on partstree.com here are 2 part numbers for the center pulley and the timing belt, they say they are still available as of 9/25/11. Snapper 7019578 BELT, DECK BLADE TIMING.
Snapper 7059573 PULLEY, TIMING BELT CENTER

/ Snapper 1855 Deck #16  
i have a snapper massey ferguson 1855 for sell.it comes with a 4 foot finish mower,80 to 85% restored no rust or beatup.if intertested call 731-926-3165 or email jsphmccool@yahoo.com