Snow Attachments snow blowers

/ snow blowers #1  

toxic

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota m7060 , John Deere 4200, Kubota ZD 326 & ZD 21
I know this topic has been discussed many times but I just have to bring it up again. I am loking for a snowblower for my 1925 NH (28pto hp), and have narrowed it down to two choices.

First is the Normand econor 66". I am impressed on how heavy this thing is for being a economy model, 525 lbs. Also for shute rotation it has an optional hyd motor, which iI think would be far superior to the old ram with cables method. Price with the hyd motor is around 3100 (can).

Second option is a Pronovost Puma 72". It is quite a bit lighter than the normand at 400 lbs but still a very well built machine. It is also a bit wider, not that 6" is going to make a huge difference, and priced 600$ less also with hyd rotation. The only thing I not sure about though is how well the new gear rotation on the puma would work. Instead of a motor or a ram with the cables , it has a ram with a half moon gear that engages with the shute (If that makes a lick of sense). So I'm wondering if anyone has used this system and if so how did it work for you.

/ snow blowers
   / snow blowers #3  
I have the PUMA 64 w/ manual chute rotation. Bought it with my Mahindra 2615HST. I think it works well. But, as with any pto driven attachment, make sure you have extra shear pin bolts. I usually go thru about 6-12 per season but I do a lot of gravel drives. You may not go thru so many on a blacktop or cement drive. Mine is 4 years old now and no problems yet. (knock on wood)

/ snow blowers #4  
The gear rotation is new. I would think, based on how well the Puma's are built, it would work very well. The older system used cables for the rotation so I think the gear system would be an improvement.
I have used a Puma 64 for 5 years and have Hydraulic rotation and tilt and it is a fine machine.

Here is a picture of mine.

SnoBlow2.jpg