Snow Attachments Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #21  
I agree with the V plow, but for use on the logging roads we lay 6 truck tires on there sideways in a piramid pattern and bolt together through the tread to the ajacent tires, use large washers around the bolts to avoid pull through.

We drag these through the bush to freeze down the snow and plow some aside, best of all it floats over ruts and stumps and bounces off of other obsiticals that will destroy something rigid like a plow blade.

Ken

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #22  
skidsteer.ca said:
I agree with the V plow, but for use on the logging roads we lay 6 truck tires on there sideways in a piramid pattern and bolt together through the tread to the ajacent tires, use large washers around the bolts to avoid pull through.

We drag these through the bush to freeze down the snow and plow some aside, best of all it floats over ruts and stumps and bounces off of other obsiticals that will destroy something rigid like a plow blade.

Ken

That's the best idea I have heard in months!:D I want to keep my trails open for walking my dogs around when I don't feel like putting my snowshoes on and going for a long trek.

Using my rear blade and FEL is way too much work to keep the trails open and I don't need to get down to the ground so your tire idea is perfect. I think three tires in a pyramid fashion will work fine for my needs.

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #23  
Although I was pushing the v-plow idea, the tire idea seems to be the best. Rather than using the truck tires though, how about getting your hands on one 48" or 60" round tire from a front end loader or other piece of equipment and simply use one large one? - That way off season you can just tip it up and roll it in a corner to save space.

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #24  
bx24 said:
Although I was pushing the v-plow idea, the tire idea seems to be the best. Rather than using the truck tires though, how about getting your hands on one 48" or 60" round tire from a front end loader or other piece of equipment and simply use one large one? - That way off season you can just tip it up and roll it in a corner to save space.

That sounds great, until you try to pull that 60" tire through a 50" opening :rolleyes:

I like the 3 smaller tires. Much more forgiving.

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #25  
I think I will burn the pallets..

There are no shortages of tires, great idea indeed!

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #26  
MarkLeininger said:
My wife and some number of her friends walk the horse(s) and the dog(s) about 4 miles a day for exercise. It's tough for her to walk through the snow if it's very deep (old age sucks). After the 4 miles she jumps on the horse and rides another couple miles with the dog chasing along behind. So the plowing is really not for the critters, it's for the wife.

Hey Mark...tell her to ride the horse...:D

That's why we invented saddles...:D

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #27  
Another option is to use a snow blade and weld or bolt a pipe to the bottom to prevent the plow from digging in. Cut a slot into a 1 1/2" to 2" steel pipe so that it slide over the cutting edge, then either weld it on or just use a bolt on each end and pinch the pipe to the cutting edge. The skid shoes usually don't work because they will sink into the dirt if it is not frozen.

Or since you don't get much snow you could get a power broom, but they might be more expensive.

/ Snow plow on FEL of my Kubota for woods #29  
My wife destroyed our Ariens snowthrower taking it through the woods, so I'm trying to think of something I can put on the front of my B2710 to do this.

I'd use the wife.

JayC