Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

Default Snow Plow - Trip Edge or Not?

Until now I've had to plow my driveway with a 56" Solid (Non Trip) Blade on my F935, worked fine except for the feezing my rear end off part ...now that I got the 3520 Its time to upgrade...last week I picked up a 7'6" Fisher Blade...this weekend I got all the factory mounts cut off and I'm getting ready to rig up the SS QA Plates and such...before I do though I was wondering about Trip Edge... I've heard people say its a PITA to plow dirt driveways with a Trip Edge equipped plow...other people say its not a big deal...
    Should I weld the trip edge solid...making my blade a "solid blade"? Or should I keep the Trip Edge?...
    I wouldnt be using the blade orther then if there was only a few inches and to back drag snow away from the buildings...I have a BerVac 74" Blower on order for the 3pt...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

Default Re: Snow Plow - Trip Edge or Not?

You definitely want the trip action on the front of a FEL. You do not want the jarring and twisting shocks on the FEL. Mine trips occasionally but is not a problem at all. Mine trips more on the paved area of my drive than on the gravel portion. If you are modifying the mount, you can always add chain hooks to secure the blade if needed, but after using mine I would not want a solid blade.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610HSD

I learned the value of the trip edge last winter. I bought the Paynes Push blade for plowing snow on the paved driveway last summer. Everything was going geat until I caught a 2" stub of a stump. It brought the tractor to a sudden and complete stop.

I bought a used Fisher plow, cut off the truck mounts and welded up a system like the Paynes. Since then I'd plow right by that stump and not even know I hit it plowing. One of the nice perks I have is that my FEL is set up for my WR Long grapple. I just connected the plow hydralic lines and am able to angle the plow from left to right with the grapple switch.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

Thanks for the input guys...I think I'll be leaving the trip edge on...
    As for angling and such..I'm building it as a straight blade only...long range plan is to eventually build a set of sideplates for it so I have a sno-pusher..