Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK25

Default Snow sticking to bucket.

Is there anything we can put on the bucket to keep the snow from sticking to it?

Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240

Default Re: Snow sticking to bucket.

My friend Alex uses buttered flavor Pam. I asked why butter flavor ? His answer : low cholesterol ! I spray mine with WD-40,seems to help.
    'Master of a thousand indispensable skills destined to keep him at the poverty level'

'You can't beat a man at his own trade'

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey7 View Post
    Is there anything we can put on the bucket to keep the snow from sticking to it?

Thanks
    A 70 degree summer day is nice.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    JD 170 Skid Steer

Diesel fuel in a garden sprayer. Spray silicone might work also. That's what we used on the snowblower when I was a kid.

Tractor
    2007 MF GC2310 TLB

I still use spray silicone, but it does wear off fairly quickly.
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

This stuff appears to be the ticket, lasts a long time and is used by professional snow removers. It's suppose to stay on and not evaporate like other spray on applications. Fluid Film: Corrosion Preventive, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor
    .....Tim

Tractor
    3520 CAB

Thanks
    After the first snow this year I used something called Sno-Jet. Hasn't snowed enough to plow since so I don't know how it works. Its for plows and snow blowers. I've attached a before picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0772_smaller-jpg  

Thanks
    A few things will help for a while but nothing will work for long. As you push the snow, the force used to move it and pack it into the bucket melts it a little bit. Then it solidifies and sticks. It's the reason why snowblower snow is hard.

That's why buckets really stink for snow removal! Blades allow the snow to slide off and move to the side. But, if all you have is a bucket, the silicone spray would be about the best. If you could rig up a 3 pound hammer with a spring and a rope so you could pull the rope and bank the bucket when in the pull dump position that may help. But that's just a wild idea

jb

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TYM T353 HST / TX3500 Loader

Quote Originally Posted by john_bud View Post
    A few things will help for a while but nothing will work for long. As you push the snow, the force used to move it and pack it into the bucket melts it a little bit. Then it solidifies and sticks. It's the reason why snowblower snow is hard.

That's why buckets really stink for snow removal! Blades allow the snow to slide off and move to the side. But, if all you have is a bucket, the silicone spray would be about the best. If you could rig up a 3 pound hammer with a spring and a rope so you could pull the rope and bank the bucket when in the pull dump position that may help. But that's just a wild idea

jb
    JB,

I rarely disagree with you (perhaps because we're both from WI ), but I've used nothing but a loader bucket the last 3 years, and haven't had any issue with stickage.

If it feels like there's some snow staying behind, a good rap on the asphalt at full dump is all it's ever taken to release it.

Now my new tractor might be a different story, as the bucket actually has PAINT on it, instead of rust. I must say though, I'm not aware of rust having any particular qualities which would aid in snow-release.

Of course, as I'm running R-4's, I probably won't be able to fill the bucket in the first place!

We got about 3" of wet snow last night, so tonight we shall see...

Lunk
    TYM T353 HST w/TX3500 Loader / Faver SCX526LT Grapple / Woods BB60X Rotary Mower / Bush Hog SBX65 Box-Blade

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

I find once it is good and cold snow does not stick much. At the start of the season I spray graphite on the bucket and snowblower insides and it seems to work well. Again, a rap on the ground or a "bounce" by dropping the FEL has always worked for me.

Good luck.
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast