Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow sticking to bucket.

/ Snow sticking to bucket. #2  
My friend Alex uses buttered flavor Pam. I asked why butter flavor ? His answer : low cholesterol ! I spray mine with WD-40,seems to help.

/ Snow sticking to bucket. #4  
Diesel fuel in a garden sprayer. Spray silicone might work also. That's what we used on the snowblower when I was a kid.

/ Snow sticking to bucket. #5  
I still use spray silicone, but it does wear off fairly quickly.

/ Snow sticking to bucket. #7  
Is there anything we can put on the bucket to keep the snow from sticking to it?

Thanks

After the first snow this year I used something called Sno-Jet. Hasn't snowed enough to plow since so I don't know how it works. Its for plows and snow blowers. I've attached a before picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0772_smaller.JPG
    IMG_0772_smaller.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 367
   / Snow sticking to bucket. #8  
Is there anything we can put on the bucket to keep the snow from sticking to it?

Thanks

A few things will help for a while but nothing will work for long. As you push the snow, the force used to move it and pack it into the bucket melts it a little bit. Then it solidifies and sticks. It's the reason why snowblower snow is hard.

That's why buckets really stink for snow removal! Blades allow the snow to slide off and move to the side. But, if all you have is a bucket, the silicone spray would be about the best. If you could rig up a 3 pound hammer with a spring and a rope so you could pull the rope and bank the bucket when in the pull dump position that may help. But that's just a wild idea

jb

/ Snow sticking to bucket. #9  
A few things will help for a while but nothing will work for long. As you push the snow, the force used to move it and pack it into the bucket melts it a little bit. Then it solidifies and sticks. It's the reason why snowblower snow is hard.

That's why buckets really stink for snow removal! Blades allow the snow to slide off and move to the side. But, if all you have is a bucket, the silicone spray would be about the best. If you could rig up a 3 pound hammer with a spring and a rope so you could pull the rope and bank the bucket when in the pull dump position that may help. But that's just a wild idea

jb

JB,

I rarely disagree with you (perhaps because we're both from WI :D), but I've used nothing but a loader bucket the last 3 years, and haven't had any issue with stickage.

If it feels like there's some snow staying behind, a good rap on the asphalt at full dump is all it's ever taken to release it.

Now my new tractor might be a different story, as the bucket actually has PAINT on it, instead of rust. I must say though, I'm not aware of rust having any particular qualities which would aid in snow-release.

Of course, as I'm running R-4's, I probably won't be able to fill the bucket in the first place! :rolleyes:

We got about 3" of wet snow last night, so tonight we shall see...

Lunk

/ Snow sticking to bucket. #10  
I find once it is good and cold snow does not stick much. At the start of the season I spray graphite on the bucket and snowblower insides and it seems to work well. Again, a rap on the ground or a "bounce" by dropping the FEL has always worked for me.

Good luck.