Snow Attachments FEL Snow Blade

/ FEL Snow Blade #1  

Whitey

Gold Member
Tractor
Kabota B21 TLB
As I was preparring for the winter that is already hear in NW PA......I was getting my wife's JD 425 AWS ready....take off and storing the very heavy mower deck:eek:, putting on the wheel extensions, rear chains, front hydraulic frame and finally the plow. No fun:(. I looked at the plow and assembly and what it was mounted to and I thought a quick fab job and I could pin it to my 770. So my question is.....how many guys have a blade on their FEL and do you like them? I do not wish to turn this into a compare thread because I cannot spend $ 1,250.00 for a 380A under carriage plow for my tractor. I will pirate a front frame assembly and plate it to fit my JD 70 though.

/ FEL Snow Blade #2  
I had one that I built for a while, and sold it. I personally did not like it on my machine, the plow is to far forward and I had a difficult time steering while pushing snow.

There are LOTS of threads on this very subject...a little searching might prove to be beatifically to you.

Search terms like:

FEL plow
FEL snowplow
truck plow

/ FEL Snow Blade #3  
I have a 90" blade on the front of my FEL and it works fine. I can push banks back easier with the FEL, and make some huge piles if needed. I haven't had any issue with steering, even though I expected some. It makes for a long tractor though, so if you have tight areas it would be a negative. I use a 1000lb rear ballast when I plow too.
Overall, it's not the perfect solution but that was my only option and it works better than I expected. Another thing I like is the ability to swap the blade for the bucket in seconds if needed. I keep them both on dollies in the barn and roll either of them out of the way when not in use.

/ FEL Snow Blade #4  
I haven't got to try mine yet. My bucket is quick attach so I removed the bucket and made the mounts for the plow mount where the bucket did.This way the plow isnt sticking out as far.

/ FEL Snow Blade #6  
i also have a homemade FEL plow. In its former life, it was a 7ft western brand plow on a 70s ford truck. I got a used quicktach plate at work, and made a mount for the plow and welded it to the plate. The blade is probably only 12" out from the quicktach plate

/ FEL Snow Blade #7  
As I was preparring for the winter that is already hear in NW PA......I was getting my wife's JD 425 AWS ready....take off and storing the very heavy mower deck:eek:, putting on the wheel extensions, rear chains, front hydraulic frame and finally the plow. No fun:(. I looked at the plow and assembly and what it was mounted to and I thought a quick fab job and I could pin it to my 770. So my question is.....how many guys have a blade on their FEL and do you like them? I do not wish to turn this into a compare thread because I cannot spend $ 1,250.00 for a 380A under carriage plow for my tractor. I will pirate a front frame assembly and plate it to fit my JD 70 though.

I live just south of you. I don't know much about the JD770, but it looks pretty tall. I ran an IH 284 4WD with a FEL for the last 15 years and used the FEL to push when needed and an 84" 3PH mounted drag blade that I picked up for $75 to clear the snow out of my gravel drive. All of the tires on the tractor were narrow, and the fronts were 7.00 16's I think. I put steel angle pads on the end of the drag blade to keep the blade off of the ground, which never seemed to do what I intended but it worked anyway. I set the blade at an extreme side throw angle and when I got to the end of the drive, I just drug the left over snow to the side.
If it ever snows here enough to require clearing the drive so that I can drive my cars out again, I am going to use the JD2305 I bought this year with the same drag blade (no FEL). If we get one of those (now rare) 4 foot snow falls, I intend to back out with the blade.
If your car can't get out of your drive with 2-4" of snow, you need a different car. If your community can't tolerate 2-4" of snow on your driveway, then you need to move.

/ FEL Snow Blade #8  
I don't like the idea of loader mounted plows, Though this isn't based on experience I just think it looks like it would put undo stress on these CUT loader assemblies. With the exception of 4shorts as his machine and loader look much heavier than the average compacts.

I know many folks here are fond of them and I see the local dealer has several pallets of them anticipating the demand.

But even against my own better judgement, I'm gonna make an adaptor on my pallet fork frame to accept a 6.5' Western plow just so I can see for my self.
I have it now capable of attaching to i-match on 3pt.
JB.

Attachments

• DSCN2199.JPG
    DSCN2199.JPG
    953.8 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN2201.JPG
    DSCN2201.JPG
    987.4 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN2512.JPG
    DSCN2512.JPG
    905 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCN2271.JPG