Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Lets see how much snow some of you have moved thus far this winter. We are about 1/3 of the way through winter thus far and we have had over 12 feet of snow in the upper UP of Michigan, with only one melting event (38 degrees for a few hours one afternoon). To give you some idea of scale, my Kubota B3030HDSC is 7' tall at its high point:

1_19_09-winter-image-tracto.jpg

1_19_09-winter-image-tract2.jpg

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #2  
We are about 1/3 of the way through winter thus far and we have had over 12 feet of snow

Steve, no pictures but we did get our first 1/2" of snow here in Maryland. Of course the idiot drivers in this area are crashing their vehicles left and right. Can't wait till we get a decent snow storm. I love your photos and the video clips that you have made. Be safe!

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #3  
Lets see how much snow some of you have moved thus far this winter. We are about 1/3 of the way through winter thus far and we have had over 12 feet of snow in the upper UP of Michigan, with only one melting event (38 degrees for a few hours one afternoon). To give you some idea of scale, my Kubota B3030HDSC is 7' tall at its high point:

We have had about the same as you or maybe a little more thanks to the last lake effect event we had. I measured at my house by my boots that I was wearing. They are 14 inches tall and I went out 4 times to either shovel or blow snow. Each time the snow was either over my boots or almost to the top of them. So just in one day we had over 4 feet of snow. Can't wait for another big dump:D

Attachments

• IMG_0678 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0678 [800x600].JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,785
  • IMG_0675 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0675 [800x600].JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 480
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #4  
Not quite 12 here, but 10 feet so far this season. Getying slammed by the lake effect snow too. However, Muskegon/Manistee got hammered over the weekend. I heard they picked between 2-3 feet Saturday night. First break from the snow here in 13 days. Been looking at the roofs, if we get much more snow, I am gonna start thinking about getting one of them starving college kids up there for a couple of days.

Attachments

• DSCF0025.JPG
    DSCF0025.JPG
    495.2 KB · Views: 443
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #5  
You guys around Marquette and the U.P. sure are getting it this winter for sure. I've been hauling wood chips from your area and can't believe all the snow you have. Nice to see it staying on the American side of the border for a change:D:D:D Just kidding. I'm up north of Sault Canada on Lake Superior and we got more than the last couple years, but still not as much as you have been getting. I was running in snow storms every night last week, right from Brimley to Gwinn, where I was loading. Yet nothing north of that. At least you have lots of excuses to play with the tractors.;)

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts
We have had about the same as you or maybe a little more thanks to the last lake effect event we had. I measured at my house by my boots that I was wearing. They are 14 inches tall and I went out 4 times to either shovel or blow snow. Each time the snow was either over my boots or almost to the top of them. So just in one day we had over 4 feet of snow. Can't wait for another big dump:D

Your pictures are a testament as to why you need a cab where you get serious snow!:D

119372d1232415128-lets-see-pictures-your-snow-img_0678-800x600-.jpg

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #7  
Your pictures are a testament as to why you need a cab where you get serious snow!:D

Definately need a cab. The main reason is that most of the driveways I do I can only blow the snow to one side of the drive. And usually the wind is not in my favor:(. Also when you have to move the snow in the middle of a blizzard it is really nice to be in a heated cab:D. And my tractor gets parked inside so all the snow that is on the tractor is from the blizzard and from blowing snow in the wrong direction.

Attachments

• IMG_0535 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0535 [800x600].JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 306
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts

We have had at least another foot since I posted the pictures. Here is a short clip I took tonight from my side porch of it snowing at 18 degrees with those beautiful big flakes:

YouTube - Snowy Night in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

/ Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #9  
Here goes...

Before and after.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 359
  • after.jpeg
    after.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 297
   / Lets see pictures of your snow moving efforts #10  
Here goes...

Before and after.

I was going to comment on how good of a job WildBill did on his driveway, but that was before I saw your before and after pics. What implement did you use?