Snow Attachments Snow pusher

/ Snow pusher #2  
Doesn't look like a huge advantage to me. My tractor would take the six foot model yet my FEL bucket is five feet (similar to the video). That seems a lot of money for a small increase in capacity.

Now, I've seen the really big ones on bigger equipment and you can get a much higher increase in width/capacity. That makes more sense. They use something around 8 feet on a tracked bobcat at work for the parking lots. Does a nice job.

/ Snow pusher #3  
I built a wooden snow pusher for mine. It works and as a bonus it protected te asphalt driveway and grass, but wears out quickly. For a small tractor like mine, pushing wet snow can only get you so far, like 60-80 ft before spinning out then i need to back up and push it aside and then I can continue on. For a larger tractor, I suspect it would work better due to more weight. I prefer a truck plow since it has a curve surface and snow rolls more allowing better control and further push. heres a pics of wooden plow and truck plow on mine.

Attachments

• front poorman plow.jpg
    front poorman plow.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCF2099.jpg
    DSCF2099.jpg
    768.4 KB · Views: 576
   / Snow pusher #4  
Here's one that I've seen locally, but I don't know how folks like them.

Attachments

• Snow pusher 003.jpg
    Snow pusher 003.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 980
  • Snow pusher 004.jpg
    Snow pusher 004.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Snow pusher 007.jpg
    Snow pusher 007.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 1,015
   / Snow pusher #5  
The advantage over a bucket is the capacity of the box. For a number of years now these boxes are all that have been used to clear large mall parking lots. I've watched them and virtually no snow falls over the top and sides like a bucket. They may not be much of an advantage on a small machine but they certainly are a big advantage if you can "push" them.

Andy

/ Snow pusher #6  
Snow Pushers are great on paved lots or driveways, but watch out if you have gravel or small objects frozen in the ground. This is where the trip edge on a plow is important. The spring action takes the force as opposed to the FEL arms.

/ Snow pusher #7  
I use this one. It's an 84" and converts from a standard blade to a pusher. It works great for small lots. I don't have to make as many passes to cleanup snow loss to the sides like you would for a regular blade. I can then convert it to a standard blade for larger areas where I need to windrow the snow left or right or for driveways. One other thing that works great is angling the blade and leaving the wing attached on one side only. If I'm angling the blade to the right I can leave the wing attached only on the left side. This keeps all of the snow going to the right with no loss to the other direction.

/ Snow pusher #8  
Where in Missouri do you get that much Snow. I live in rolla and we maybe get one large snow every couple of years?

/ Snow pusher
Doesn't look like a huge advantage to me. My tractor would take the six foot model yet my FEL bucket is five feet (similar to the video).

My reasoning for one is the ability to skate over the expansion joints in my concrete driveway that catch a standard FEL bucket.

/ Snow pusher #10  
Where in Missouri do you get that much Snow. I live in rolla and we maybe get one large snow every couple of years?

I'm in NW Missouri. Last year seemed like we were in the crosshairs. Only one decent snow this year so far. :mad: