Snow Attachments Snow Plow or Snow Pusher???

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #1  

Brokermike

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555, Ford 4610, New Holland T4040
I have the option of building either and wanted to solicit some opinions. I kive in VT, where we get decent snowfall every year. I have a Kioti DK40se with a quick attach bucket. I have a rear remote, which I guess I could use for some sort of angle possibility for a plow, but likely I would build it with a manual angle.

Any thoughts?

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #2  
you didn't mention if this is front or rear. what I understand from your post you mention both.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #3  
Well - I built a poorman's wooden snowpusher for my bucket on the kubota and used it for nearly 2 seasons. It works better then having bucket alone. It protected the driveway, and cleared more snow in a hurry. The way I made it was easy on and easy off and held by cheapo straps. The onloy drawback was it stops my kubota with wet snow and it only pushed straight ahead. I recently acquired a truck plow and took A frame off and mounted it directly to the FEL arms and it worked better then the wooden snowpusher, but the drawback was it acted liked a dozer blade so the lawn can suffer if I am not careful. I was able to move more snow and heavier snow since it rolls the snow. This summer I recently finished modifying the A frame to the FEL arms so I can angle the blade this time and this winter will be a good test for it. I suspect that since your koiti is nearly twice the size in wieght and power, you proabably could make it work with a pusher, but I suspect you would be happier with a real angled plow since you probably clear more snow then me ;).

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #4  
RadioMan, any pictures of the pushers you mentioned? especially the wooden one, be interesting to see.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #5  
I have an 84" snow push for my 3720. I like it becasue I can keep the snow against the blade and pile it easier. This would not be good for someone with a long driveway with no place to pile snow. I am able to push the snow in a ditch or push it into a large pile a ways away from my driveway and i would not want to angle plow the snow into piles on the side of my driveway. It works out well for me, but i can see where it would not be an option for some people.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #6  
For my 2 cents, I'd go with the plow with trip springs. I had a snow pusher & it worked great until I hit a itty bitty 2 inch stump. Brought the tractor to a dead stop, and me half out of the seat, not that I was going very fast.

Lesson learned, now I have the snow plow up front with trip springs. Now there is no issue.

I think the snow pushers are great if you have a paved driveway, but would be leary on a gravel one.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #7  
I tried snow pusher once didn't really care for it.
Plow,wet or dry snow once snow rolling of 45 degree setting quicker clean up..even going round corners.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #8  
RadioMan, any pictures of the pushers you mentioned? especially the wooden one, be interesting to see.

you asked- you shall receive. FYI - this is a very old pic that many tbn'ers proabably saw already. Its halfway covered with snow from being used. :rolleyes:

Anyway- I still have it and its just sitting waiting to be used again or taken apart for firewood. It didnt take me long to make it, probably a few hours and some screws.

Attachments

• front poorman plow.jpg
    front poorman plow.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 1,474
   / Snow Plow or Snow Pusher??? #9  
I have the option of building either and wanted to solicit some opinions. I kive in VT, where we get decent snowfall every year. I have a Kioti DK40se with a quick attach bucket. I have a rear remote, which I guess I could use for some sort of angle possibility for a plow, but likely I would build it with a manual angle.

Any thoughts?

I suggest a plow. The trip springs give extra protection and angling is better than no angling.

I used a pusher box on my Case backhoe in big corp center parking lots, that's where the pusher box really shines. They're great for stacking snow.

/ Snow Plow or Snow Pusher???
it would be for the front of the tractor, I'm leaning towards a plow setup.

I don't think I move more snow than you would in salmon country NY