Meyer Plow for my tractor

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #1  

Diamondpilot

Super Star Member
Tractor
Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work
Ok, its been beat to death but here is my setup.

I started off with a old Meyer ST-78 plow I got of CL for $80. The cylinders were rusted and the plow face was rusted through in 2 spots. It was solid other than that, not bent, and had a brand new cutting edge included. Every nut and bolt fought me and many had to be cut off with a cutting wheel or sawz-all.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• snow plow 003.jpg
    snow plow 003.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 765
  • DSCF0082.jpg
    DSCF0082.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 630
  • snow plow 001.jpg
    snow plow 001.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,328
   / Meyer Plow for my tractor
After cutting all the bolts and removing the plow face it was off to the sandblasters. I also made a shopping list and hit the internet, TSC, and my local hardware store.

I spent $100 on the sandblasting and another $30 on bolts and paint.

I also got new plow shoes ordered, plow markers, and trip pins for $80.

I then had to order the steel for the mount and new face. I had them make the face out of 11ga steel and they put the roll in it per my templet I supplied. For the FEL to plow adapter I use 1/4" stock and did the additions of putting on a 2" hitch receiver tube and tubes to accept another set of plow shoes if I feel they are needed later on. I have $140 in all the steel.

At this point I am into it about 10 hours of labor and $430

Chris

Attachments

• DSCF0076.jpg
    DSCF0076.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 729
  • DSCF0080.jpg
    DSCF0080.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
At this point everything has came back from the sandblasters and I had welded up a few cracks, welded on the new plow face, and welded up the plow to FEL mount. I then primed everything and put the plow in yellow and the rest in black.

I also ordered custom hydro lines to go from the remotes on my tractor to handle the left right movement of the plow and the new cylinders and a Meyer Decal Kit. I have about $220 in this which brings the grand total to just about $650 and about 20 hours. More than I envisioned at first but much cheaper than the $2000 to $2500 I was quoted for a plow new.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCF0088.jpg
    DSCF0088.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 673
  • DSCF0087.jpg
    DSCF0087.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCF0089.jpg
    DSCF0089.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 614
  • DSCF0085.jpg
    DSCF0085.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 597
Later today I will assemble the cutting edge, A-frame, and odds and ends. I am still waiting on the cylinders, hydraulic hose, along with the plow shoes. I will update this as parts come in and post some pics once I get it on the tractor and working.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    DSCF0092.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 850
   / Meyer Plow for my tractor #5  
All the work and running around is really worth it - look at the money saved..way to go, the plow is looking like a brand new one. I really enjoy it when I come across deals on things folks have written off and I am able to bring them back to life..great job.

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #6  
great job so far I really enjoy these threads. Seeing a plan come together, eager to see it mounted.

/ Meyer Plow for my tractor #7  
Nice..very nice job done!!!..now thats how you make money. :)
Shall be looking for action pics. when the snow starts to pile up. :)

Well I just got done putting it together. I am still waiting on the hoses, cylinders, and shoes but its all done other than that. I will mount it up next week but I first have a job moving gravel and leveling off a area for a neighbor.

Chris

Attachments

• DSCF0095.jpg
    DSCF0095.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • DSCF0096.jpg
    DSCF0096.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 450
   / Meyer Plow for my tractor #10  
I will mount it up next week but I first have a job moving gravel and leveling off a area for a neighbor.

Chris

Be careful Chris, its not a dozer blade-just a snow plow.