Snow Attachments 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #1  

Jody Marchand

What name brands to look at and stay away from. I just bought s new Kioti Ck35 HST and I want to buy a rear blade for it for pushing snow, gravel or soil. I also needs ballast on the rear for the FEL and i was wondering what size ( width is best suited for my tractor ) 7' ?, also I know there is alot of diiferent manufacturers on the market that make a rear blade so I'm wondering which choice I should make ans also should I be looking into a box blade? are they good for snow? Any help or suggestions would be great Thanks Please help I'm also looking into ideas on adding weight to the blade to add extra ballast. Thanks

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #2  
Take a look at Land Pride RBT35 Series Rear Blades. Very good quality, if you have rear remotes, a hydraulic controlled unit would be nice. But if you need to save some $$$, then the Land Pride RB35 Series Rear Blades may be the way to go. I would get an 84" wide blade myself. In fact I have been thinking of getting one of these for my Mahindra 3215. I have its' big brother, an RBT45108 for my 7520 Mahindra, very nice implement.;)

Oh, if you don't have your tires loaded yet, you should get them filled, it makes a world of difference.

Attachments

• P5080001.JPG
    P5080001.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 777
   / 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #3  
Stay away from anything sold at TSC. I bought a 6' Howse from Norther Tool and broke it in half 3 times using my Jinma 28HP tractor with R1's in the first 2 winters. Yours will surly do the same.

I now have a HD 7' Woods. It was costly but has not shown any signs of wear in 3 years.

Chris

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #4  
Landpride, Woods, Frontier are all good brands to consider ( I am sure there are others), a 7' blade should be just right for your tractor. If you have the capability to use the hydraulic blades I would do so, makes a world of difference in how long it takes to get good results.

I have a JD 47 (84") rear blade and top and tilt setup, I have a third outlet available and will use it to angle my blade. Would like to have offset capabilties but that will have to wait for another day.

Steve

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #5  
just sold a perfectly good one for $150...to me they are pretty much useless you have a real heavy tractor , hydraulic functions on it and draft control on the tractor. But by then you are more than halfway up the price of a good snowblower.

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #6  
I have a 7' Tufline that can turn a Kubota L4310 around if it gets snagged on a root. The M-F dealer I bought the used Kubota from several years ago had complaints about Woods crimping so didn't ditribute those blades anymore.

The Tufline is built heavy with steel reinforcing behind the blade.

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #7  
I have a Woods, it too will easily stop or spin the tractor around if it snags on anything that doesn't give.
I don't have all the DREAM hydraulics on it, but it can be off-set with a bit of wrench work for cutting drainage, etc.
Road snow almost always comes with salt, paint wears off very quickly, so rust is inevitable.
It isn't JUST the reversible replaceable cutting edge that gets wear, sand and grit flow over the painted parts of the blade too.
Get the thickest blade you can afford that your 3 pt can lift, this will also help with the ballast question.

Yes to the loaded rear tires, the ballast that is the blade isn't ballast once it is on the ground.

Also know that a 'leveled' blade at a 15 degree angle one way may not be level at the opposite 15 degrees.
Figure this out on a flat dry driveway before you start or you may find some unexpected digs by the leading corner when the blade is very new.
As the corners wear to round this will matter less.

It is a long time since I figured it out... I just "know" where my top link needs to be set, as I recall;
On flat level ground with the blade set straight across adjust the top link so that the main pivot axis leans back a bit, then adjust the side link so that it lands flat and even to the ground.
Check that at 15 and 30 degrees each way the rear corner lands first.
Things shouldn't be so tight that the front corner doesn't land at all, but if that is the case shorten the top link.

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #8  
I had extremely good service with a six foot wide Land Pride. The ground was still soft the first time I moved snow with it so I made a mess. I went back to the dealer and purchased the "shoes" for it. The Land Pride shoes are about four inch round dish shaped disks and allow for setting the blade heighth. They easily allowed the blade to float over soft ground. I would not have a rear blade without them now.

The other nice feature was that you could pull a pin and swing the balde around to push backwards. You get really deep snow then that is a must.

Hydraulic swivel would have been nice. It gets really old getting on and off of the tractor to swing that blade side to side or straight as the case may be.

The manual pitch adjustment did not allow for setting an optimal angle.

Lastly, I used this blade with a 33HP rating at the PTO. I would not have wanted a seven foot blade for overall use.

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #9  
Jody,

Okay, I'm going to drop the KK bomb.
Since you said that the blade will be used primarily for snow removal, and (I assume) not ditching or root removal - I'm ducking my head so I don't get beaned - I am very satisfied with the King Kutter Professional Rear Blade 84in., Model# PRB-84:

King Kutter Professional Rear Blade 84in., Model# PRB-84 | Blades + Scrapers | Northern Tool + Equipment

KK (or whatever TSC now calls them) makes 4 lines of rear blade. There's the orange-red BX model, the regular yellow model, the yellow so called "professional" model and the heavy duty model. I got the professional model. I needed something to clear snow from 300' of driveway and I couldn't afford a heavy duty or primium quality blade. Part of KK's poor reputation is based on them getting a bad rap for their lighter duty blades that get used beyond their abilities.

Anyway, for about $500 I got a very servicable 340 pound 7' blade that tips and offsets. I sandwiched a strip of tire tread rubber between the cutting edge and the moldboard for a squeegee to be nice to the paved part of my drive.
I can set the blade at 45 degrees and just cover my 62" track for slow windrowing.

Reg-

Thanks for the concise and helpful set-up description. I wish I had that last winter - it would have saved me hours of fiddling and a few gouges in the grass part of the drive.

-Jim

/ 3 PTH Rear blade:Looking to buy one for pushing snow. What to Buy and Stay Away From #10  
I just did restored my driveway using a CountyLine (TSC) 6' rear blade.

The blade did everything I wanted it to and it dug a nice ditch for drainage by angling it to use the corner of the blade.

I'm not a rich man and I don't beat on my equipment so this blade was an economic choice.

$319.00.

Happy Thanksgiving.