Default snow tires

Just wondering what works better in the snow turf tires or R4 bar tires. In my little test it seemed like the turfs turned much better and had better traction then the bar tires. Is there a siped type of snow tire made for a bx24 ?

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Default Re: snow tires

I prefer turfs year round.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Drive your turf tires over fresh snow and look at the tracs. Compare them to R4 treads driven over the snow. You will see many more lines running across the tread path from side to side on the turfs. All those continuous little lines are points of traction. That's what you look for in car tires for snow. Uninterrupted lines across the tread path. Don't know if that applies to tractors. But there are a lot more individual points of contact and lines of traction on turf tires than there are on R4s, which seem to work better in snow on pavement or ice. Our tractor has the advantage of clearing a path in front of it and not having to go through deep snow. I think the R4s may do better in deep wet snow. I base that on my turf tires not being able to climb up a pile of snow. They spin. R4s tend to grab into the pile with the cleats and drive up the pile.

So, my personal experience is turfs work better on slick pavement and ice because of more contact points and continuous lines across the tread and are great for pushing a plow or bucket on pavement or ice while R4s work better in really deep snow and climbing up piles and such. Others' experiences may differ.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Tractor
    Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S

In my experience, turfs are better in snow and ice. My B7100 had turfs, my B7610 has R4's. I'm looking for a good deal on turfs for the B7610.

J.
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.
    '9? G1800S, 48" MMM. 70's Troy Bilt Horse tiller with new 6.5HP briggs engine.

The means justify the ends.

Tractor
    JD 2210

I agree with all, had both on my tractor and I am glad I kept my turfs.... I will have them back on next year for winter......
    Bill 2210, 210 fel 53", 62" mmm, Ballast Box, 47" Snowblower, I-Match, Curtis heated SS Cab, 854 TracVac, forks