Snow Attachments snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #1  

wanna

Tractor
jd 1070
Hi guys has any one mounted a snow plow to a john deer 1070 with a 440 loader any info would be helpful all so would the fronter snow blades fit my loader thanks Art

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #3  
Hi guys has any one mounted a snow plow to a john deer 1070 with a 440 loader any info would be helpful all so would the fronter snow blades fit my loader thanks Art

Refresh my memory...does the 440 loader have the JDQA? Don't forget your will need extra hydraulics to angle the plow...

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #4  
A better snow plow setup can easily be made up from a truck plow and a few brackets plus hydraulic connectors to your loader circuits.

I dropped 2 square beams forward from "pork chop" brackets used to mount a mid-mower on my 1070. Used 2 rod end swivels to connect to the plow frame. Then all I had to do is hook up a cylinder for raising/lowering and connect the angle cylinders. I wanted downforce and got it easily. I run the up/down in float mode so the plow runs on the skids all the time. This is about the 10th year I've been using it.

Keeping the plow close to the tractor's front wheels eliminates a lot of problems driving straight when the plow is angled to the max. I run this setup in high gear at full power/rpm in the deepest snow we've had (15"). I've even outrun cars trying to follow me.

Snowflakes fear my name....

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #5  
zzvyb6,
Very nice job, very nice. Actually, one of the better custom made setups I have seen.

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #6  
zzyvb6, as GIZ said VERY nice. Most plows are added to the loader QA, and make the blade to far forward. IMHO. Nice set up.

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #7  
I'll add my admiration of the job zzvyb6 did rigging a plow to his 1070. I see there's plenty of weight up front to keep the tractor from being pushed aside by deep snow.
Outstanding job!

zzvyb6, I assume the center cylinder raises and lowers the blade, and the two outboard cylinders are for angling? Due to the closeness to the tractor, I'd guess the plow can only be raised when centered (90° to the tractor)?

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #8  
The plow can be angled to the extremes in both directions based on the cylinder travels in fully raised or lowered positions AND if the plow trips. There's not a lot of clearance. The springs get pretty close to the weights (which can shift a bit if it became necessary). The front cylinder pulling and pushing the plow up or down fastens to the original plow frame. The other end is pinned to a bracket I welded to the front weight bar. I really like downforce for cracking ice on the cement part of the driveway.

The amusing part of using this plow is that the cylinders were used to seeing ~1000 psi maybe from a truck pump. Now they see 2000+ psi and the plow swings pretty fast. So much so that you can "toss" snow off into the distance when the tractor is sitting still (as necessary). Never had a problem with cylinder seals. The original cylinders had some rusty scratches on them. All I did was to polish the gouges out. Its 2 bolts, 4 JIC connectors and a cylinder pin and its on or off. This year I put it on BEFORE there was snow on the ground. I recommend this practise! It also works pretty well for dirt and driveway gravel spreading, too.

/ snow blade for john deer 1070 with a440 loader #9  
zz- I realize this is an old thread, but I can't find the pictures of your snowplow mount. Please help me find them or email (preferred) to me at vjwotz@q.com.

Thanks, Jerry