Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom?

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #2  
Yeah...move to Florida!

Seriously, if you're in the snowbelt, buy chains! I don't have 'em but they would have saved me a lot of grief and extra work.

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #3  
I ordered chains. Should be in next week. Talk about the barn door and the horse.

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #4  
That I want a snowblower!

That the clearance on my BX is a limiting factor if snow is too high

That chains may have helped me get on top of the 24+ inches of snow, but I would have probably still lugged the engine trying to pull with the RB. But the R4s did fine on the steep, slick, icy surface left after my first passes

I did refine my RB and FEL techniques a good bit. Still plenty of room to learn more, but I became much more effecient since the single snow last year and the one this past Dec. Since I do three other driveways besides mine, varying terrain, the practice was good.

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #5  
Put Fluid Film on the rear blade and the bucket so snow comes off easier.

Mike

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #6  
Chains (front and rear)

ABS on the backblade (leaves the gravel behind)

Toe warmers for the driver.

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #7  
It took me most of my first winter after buying a tractor to really get the knack of moving snow. I really feel for those of you that don't get much snow having to dig out of this record breaking blizzard.

I've heard that some cities have put out "all plow alerts" asking anyone with a snow plow to pitch in and help. Has anyone on this forum been able to help out?

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #8  
It took me most of my first winter after buying a tractor to really get the knack of moving snow. I really feel for those of you that don't get much snow having to dig out of this record breaking blizzard.

I've heard that some cities have put out "all plow alerts" asking anyone with a snow plow to pitch in and help. Has anyone on this forum been able to help out?
Interesting question.

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #9  
I recommend you mid coast guys buy a brand new snowblower.
It keeps the snow away. We have had about two, one inch snowstorms since my snowblower purchase.

/ Mid Atlantic Snow storm, words of wisdom? #10  
I learned that wet snow is a much different ball game than dry snow. My few previous snow clearing experiences was only with powder snow. Since I don't have a cab on my small BX, I waited out the 2 feet of heavy wet snow to finish falling. I had to dig myself out of my garage area that took over an hour to do just to get to my driveway. Luckily, the last blizzard was powder snow and was very easy to clear.