Snow Attachments Snow plow weight concern

/ Snow plow weight concern #1  

furnitureguy

I want to take a truck plow and make an adapter to fit it to my Mahindra 2615. One of the plows I've found is a meyers c8 which their literature says has a complete weight of 833 pounds. I know this includes the truck mount which I won't use and some other stuff and I plan to cut it down to a little over 6'.
So is this going to be too heavy for the loader or have people had good luck with these?
Tom

/ Snow plow weight concern #2  
a lof folks do this modification and have no problems;

saying that you have to take yor loaders wieght lifting limits in mind when deciding what to do.

I also would not cut the plow up to fit the bucket either unless you take part of the cut from both sides but it is not something I would recommend as the skid shoes are there.

/ Snow plow weight concern #3  
You can always add weight to the 3 point hitch.

/ Snow plow weight concern #4  
I have a 2615HST. I adapted a 7.5' plow blade to my loader arms. It will work great going in a straight line but if the blade is angled there is not enough weight on the front end and the tractor will push sideways when you get a heavy snow buildup in front of the blade.
For straight blading I welded C channel directly to the back of an old plow blade. I changed the 4 pins with E clips that attach the bucket to pull pins bought from TSC. To hook up the blade I pull 4 pins and take the bucket off then attach the plow blade directly to the loader arms. The 7 1/2 ft wide plow is faster than just using the bucket. I usually use the plow blade during the first half of the season then switch back to the bucket for moving snow piles.

833 pounds plus the weight of your bucket is getting close to the loader limit. I also use 800 lb. of weight on the 3pt.

/ Snow plow weight concern #5  
The "snow bear" brand blades for pickups, sold at Lowes, Home Depot, etc are lighter than the name-brand counterparts.

They are obviously not nearly has durable either. It was a perfect fit for my little tractor. You may want to take a look at one of them if you can find one.