Snow Attachments Snow Plows

/ Snow Plows #1  

Corm

Gold Member
Tractor
1999 Cub Cadet 7260, 1953 Farmall Super A
I've been plowing snow using a rear grader blade for the last ten years. I was just looking at the web site of Kasco Mfg Co., and they show a frame mounted snow plow on a compact tractor that looks like it would work real well. I've looked at some units that take the place of the FEL bucket, and while they look good, I worry about lateral forces damaging my loader arms if the plow blade hits something real hard while plowing snow with the blade angled to one side. Man, it would sure be nice to plow snow while looking ahead.... Does anyone have any experience with one of these frame mounted units? Care to share your experiences with it? Thanks in advance./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Ed C in Vt

/ Snow Plows #2  
I mounted a blade from a 1 ton truck in my FEL bucket. It is attached by 2 pins so when I'm finished plowing I take it off and use the bucket to move the piles. I know my driveway so there is little chance of hitting anything and I don't drive fast. If I do hit something the blade "trips" because it is spring loaded.

/ Snow Plows #3  
The Curtis blade mounts on the loader arms in place of the bucket. I was looking at one today. It has a spring trip mechanism. There in one model with manual blade angling and a more expensive one with hydraulic angling. They are expensive.

I, too, would be interested in hearing from anyone who has actual experience with either a frame mounted front blade or a bucket arm mounted blade.

Glenn

/ Snow Plows #4  
Ed,
I plow with my FEL and I find it much quicker better job also easier on the neck.
I made a frame to fit inside my bucket in which I can remove after winter,than purchase a light plow at a auction and with a little cutting and welding banging I have a one pin hook up,and it works great./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
You could say I have the best of both,for when I'm done with the plow just slide the pin out and back a way,and I can use my bucket if need be.

The only problem I found out useing a plow vs FEL..the reach you have with the plow..yep the mail box and wood pile has been knock down more than once /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Ed,
Glad to see another New Englander on the board here. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Strange weather compare to a couple of weeks ago,so have a pleasant day and stay out of the hot sun plus stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif