Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,011  
The snowman had to go....

IMG1520-L.jpg

IMG1527-L.jpg

IMG1528-L.jpg

IMG1522-L.jpg

I love that picture series. I can hear the soundtrack from "Psyco" as I look through the pictures.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,012  
I love that picture series. I can hear the soundtrack from "Psyco" as I look through the pictures.
what did that poor snowman do to deserve such a horrible death......you can be arrested in California under their hate crime statutes for stuff like this.

Now PETA might want you to install a roadside cross to signify this wanton murder:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,013  
'clip'... Upgraded to the NH TC 33D and after measuring, figuring and more measuring, decided to try and make it fit (tired of looking backwards).

Apologies to the OP for slightly hijacking the thread.

Halftrack, I'm drooling. :) That's a nice set-up and exactly what I've been wanting to do with my LuckNow rear mount on my TC33D. Where did you source the gear box? If it's something easily obtainable, I'd love to pick your brain for some measurements and other thoughts. I can easily fab the frame work. Thanks for posting the pics.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,015  

HEY .... I want to know where the snowman's ARMS go .. seems they dissapear just before he goes into the agar ... You diden't torture that poor snowman before you snowblowed <is that a word> him did you ?!!! What kind of animal are you!!!

Tractor on

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,016  
Snowblowed him somehow sounds a little better than snowblew him...

Kids built him dead center in driveway knowing I'd need to run him over! Arms removed so as not to go through the blower.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,017  
Snowblowed him somehow sounds a little better than snowblew him...

Kids built him dead center in driveway knowing I'd need to run him over! Arms removed so as not to go through the blower.

I can imagine that the kids watched with squeals of delight as you snowblowed him out of the way.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,018  
Same as last year. Only a bit of snow so far to move.

Attachments

• IMG00193-20120105-1603.jpg
    IMG00193-20120105-1603.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 379
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,019  
5picker, thanx for the comments. That reversing gearbox and framework were with the original purchase at an auction. Pto shafts (as usual) and any small parts were missing. The Yanmar blower shows the model # YSS-60 and there are no numbers on the under framework or gearbox. You might check japanesetractorparts.com in IL, as they list reversing gearboxes. If you are starting from scratch, I would consider driving it from the front drive shaft with a chain drive reducer and a jack shaft. Check out Messick's NH parts for the 716B blower diagram. A 12 tooth sprocket driving a 42 tooth reduces the 2000 rpm to about 570. The jackshaft above the driveline is a better alignment to match up with the blower drive. Less steel to fabricate, shorter drive shaft, excellent mounting points and frees up the rear end for your blade. I have super steer which required mounting everything low (real low). If you have SS consider running the drive shaft offset to the left or right along side of the lower pivot point. Hope this helps. As usual we expect to see the results. Happy cobbling.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,020  
Nice looking tractor! Are you flat enough to manage without chains? For plowing if icy/slippery I'd think they'd improve traction and ability to push quite a bit.

This is my first go with R4 tires. My BX2660 and my B3030 both have turf tires with RimGuard ballast. The turfs do awesome in snow and ice. I'm not sure how the R4's will be yet. I will groove and sipe them for added traction before chains. Chains will tear up my customers pavement. Plus they're a pain to put on, take off, store etc. I grew up with a Cub Cadet and Ford 8N, both with chains on our hill and they sucked.