Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,031  
The factory radio and speakers are a joke, so I plan on a Sony Mechless bluetooth, digital receiver and Infinity speakers. I'm going to try and document all of the mods to this tractor this time, where I have not in the past with my other tractors. So stay tuned on other posts. Things to come: Radio, RimGuard, strobe lights, front fenders, Pat's Easy Change, roof liner, linear actuator for FEL quick attach, front and rear 2/0 electric quick connects (for winch and jumper cables).... The list will probably never end.:)

Does your snow blade angle? I was going to do the linear actuator for the quick attach then decided not to. The reason was if I had it hooked up and I dropped my bucket and picked up my blade I'd still have to get out of the cab to hook up the hydrilic lines so I said the heck with it.:confused2:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,032  
Does your snow blade angle? I was going to do the linear actuator for the quick attach then decided not to. The reason was if I had it hooked up and I dropped my bucket and picked up my blade I'd still have to get out of the cab to hook up the hydrilic lines so I said the heck with it.:confused2:
Yes it does. And I too considered that, but I was thinking more in the warmer months, switching between bucket and pallet forks. Etc... Not to mention, and don't say you haven't done modifications for this reason, but there is the "cool factor" as well.:cool:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,033  
Yes it does. And I too considered that, but I was thinking more in the warmer months, switching between bucket and pallet forks. Etc... Not to mention, and don't say you haven't done modifications for this reason, but there is the "cool factor" as well.:cool:

When I design I try and not over complicate or over engineer things. Practicality is a very important part of any design or modification. If your actuator fails to completely lock at some point and you dont notice it your attachment will come down through your roof and i dont need to tell you the consequences of that.

If your going to do it think about the safety aspect and design the system with that in mind. Others on here may follow your post and IF your design is less than perfect someone may repeat it and possibly be injured. Cool only counts when it works and works every time. I'm just say'en ;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,034  
When I design I try and not over complicate or over engineer things. Practicality is a very important part of any design or modification. If your actuator fails to completely lock at some point and you dont notice it your attachment will come down through your roof and i dont need to tell you the consequences of that.

If your going to do it think about the safety aspect and design the system with that in mind. Others on here may follow your post and IF your design is less than perfect someone may repeat it and possibly be injured. Cool only counts when it works and works every time. I'm just say'en ;)

You are absolutely correct. I was referring to "justification for the modification". Sometimes we do some modifications that may not be 100% practical. Maybe 70% practical 30% cool factor. I will not post a mod by me that could possibly be unsafe. And as for not completely latched issue, I have thought of that as well. I was thinking of an indicator light/s triggered by micro switches that will only come on with full engagement of the locks. I have not worked out all of the details, but they will be before my fabrication process is complete and posted.

I don't have the experience that you do. I submit to that fully. I have said before that I would like to be a mouse in your shop or your shadow. So please don't be offended. I as well as many other would like to emulate your skills. I do know my limitations and comfort zone. However I do have atypical design and fabrication skills. When it is above my pay grade, I will seek more knowledge and help from outside sources. I'm a believer that you are never too old to learn and you NEVER know it all. So I am eyes and ears master.:drool:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,035  
You are absolutely correct. I was referring to "justification for the modification". Sometimes we do some modifications that may not be 100% practical. Maybe 70% practical 30% cool factor. I will not post a mod by me that could possibly be unsafe. And as for not completely latched issue, I have thought of that as well. I was thinking of an indicator light/s triggered by micro switches that will only come on with full engagement of the locks. I have not worked out all of the details, but they will be before my fabrication process is complete and posted.

I don't have the experience that you do. I submit to that fully. I have said before that I would like to be a mouse in your shop or your shadow. So please don't be offended. I as well as many other would like to emulate your skills. I do know my limitations and comfort zone. However I do have atypical design and fabrication skills. When it is above my pay grade, I will seek more knowledge and help from outside sources. I'm a believer that you are never too old to learn and you NEVER know it all. So I am eyes and ears master.:drool:

I do appreciate your kind words and thank you for them. We that do post our work including yourself have a responsibility to other members to keep them safe and that was the only point I am trying to make.

I have four items on my tractor that was on my 4240 that has never been published via internet to date basically because of liabilities if I did post them. They are very unique and very useful but again if I post them and someone does something similar I would be devastated if someone got injured or even killed because of it. I just post the boring stuff :laughing:
I do look forward to seeing your mods and I know they'll be second to none :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,036  
Sometimes it's more fun to use the bucket.:thumbsup:

From a year ago...
CindisWinterSpring2011080.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,037  
Heres my rig. Now all we need is some snow. We got a little, but then have had some warm ups so right now there is almost nothing on the ground. I have been thankful for the delayed winter this year since I have been having roof work done on a garage. Just got it closed up this week, so let it snow...

Attachments

• IMG00102.jpg
    IMG00102.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 339
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,039  
Put your plows and tractors away my friends. This year's snowfall has been cancelled due to the severe winter we had last year. It will resume promply in December of 2012. :`)