Page 112 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2390
    Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Pictures of your snow weapons

Quote Originally Posted by UMAX31G View Post
    The blower is 52" wide and it is an articulating machine with a dump bed. Here is a side view.
    Ive never seen anything like that. How thick of snow can it work.

Our schools would love that for cleaning the walkways. they use a walk behind unit.

looks spendy
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    steiner 410/steiner 428 ultilimax/ 982 IH super cub

It has a 14" auger, 20" blower and 9" chute. It will handle anything you feed it. It will work great for school or municipal use. Heavy duty equipment, for example the blower weighs 425# and a 60" mower deck weighs 360#. The tractor weighs 1760# without accessories. Made for commercail use as are the prices. Steiner was started by a family in Ohio and sold off and the family now builds the Ventrac. Nice equipment and tons of accessories are available and interchangable for both machines. The utilimax model is no longer made and is one great machine. It has a liquid cooled 31 hp gas 3cyl briggs vanguard engine which isn't available in either line anymore. Check them out at Steiner Tractors and Attachments and Ventrac Compact Tractors & Attachments

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L35 TLB

umax, how's the blower work? I have a Big Jim model, made here in Canada by Harco a local company that sells Steiner and makes some speciality attachments of their own. I've had mine for a couple years but never got a chance to use it. I buy and sell equipment and sold all my tractor units but still have the attachments just waiting for a good deal on another one.

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Here's my new snow weapon. Deere 317 w/ 61hp Turbo Diesel, 2100 lb lift capacity w/ weight kit, weighs around 6700 lbs with the operator. Hauled it home today, tried it on a pile of snow and it pushed it like it wasn't even there. Now I am ready for snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0400-jpg  
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor
    Kubota BX24, Cub Cadet LTX1050, JD 120

The way this winter is going... This is it. The rest sits idle.

Edit- Sorry I see this was already posted previously.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -4436457-jpg  
    Last edited by Garybake; 01-28-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Tractor
    steiner 410/steiner 428 ultilimax/ 982 IH super cub

Cantoo, the blower works great unless your in snow over the blower height. I think it could use a double auger like the ventrac unit to help break up the deep snow.

Tractor
    Kubota L45

Here are some photos of my new to me Grattex "extendable and reversable" snow blade. I was trying to find a front mount blower for my B26 and came across this used blade at my kubota / Case / New Holland dealer. It came of a NH tractor that only had 40 hours and one season on it.

Unfortunately we have not had very much snow this winter despite living an hour north of Toronto. I started the B26 for the second time since October on Friday! Forget about a green Christmas - we have had an almost completely green January too. We got about 3" of blowing snow yesterday so I am waiting for daylight and then I will go out and play in the snow for an hour or two.

This is their model "559" blade which means it goes from 5.5' to 9' wide. My driveway is not paved and given that we live in an 1885 house in a small village it will probably stay that way. We have about short 50' single care width entrance with a circular drive to the main entry door and than a large clear area for parking which is probably 100' by 80'.

I had purchased the larger Kubota light duty front bucket for the B26 which increase width from 60" to 66" and has probably a 50% larger capacity but when I saw this Grattex blade I realized it would really cut down my driveway clearing time. I wanted something I could operate will facing forward due to neck and back issues and this has been great the two times I have used it so far. My driveway is a slight uphill from the road so it is a bit of a challenge maintaining traction at full extension but if I get bogged down I just backup and take a run at it. If that doesn't work, I backup again, narrow the blade and push a smaller amount and so far with out two modest snow falls that has worked fine. If traction becomes a major problem, I will get chains for the front R4's.

The blade wieghs about 800 pounds according to the specs and I certainly wouldn't want anything heavier on the B26. Despite the robust construction of the B26 you can really feel the weight of this blade when you pick it up. Very solid constuction. This blade has cut my driveway clearing time almost in half and the reversible option allows me to back drag snow from those awkward spots. I used to have to make repeated loader trips to clear snow from a couple of spots where I did not want piles but not anymore!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -grattex-blade-b26-120127-3-a   -grattex-blade-extended-120127-3-a   -grattex-blade-b26-reversed-120127-a  

I know there have been a lot of photos of snow shovels on here as jokes, but I have to get serious. Before I bought my GC2400 I was somewhat obsessed with finding the perfect snow shovel. The first major find I came across was the Garant model YPSS26 sled shovel. You would not believe how easy it is to move mountains of snow with this baby. I've talked at least a dozen people into buying them since. They all say it's the greatest thing ever. I donated my worn out one to my buddy because I couldn't convince him to buy one himself. First snow he shoveled half his YARD. He said that way it wouldn't drift back. I think he was just having fun shoveling for the first time ever. Yesterday I went to buy a new one to replace mine. These are extremely hard to find in the US unless you know the secret. Do-it-best stores have them available at their warehouse and can usually get them in a couple of days. I just paid $59.99 for my new one. I would highly recommend letting those without tractors know about it.
    My second recommendation would be the snow pusher lite. This one is perfect for those annoying light snows. It clears a 4' swath in one push and doubles as a garage squeegee. Very handy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3034663568-png   -image-3620963483-png  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L35 TLB

Kal I used 1 of those for years but the one I had also had wheels on the side. They still have the stel ones around here but I haven't seen a plastic one in awhile. I think I still have mine in my barn, somewhere.

Ihansman thats one good lookign plow setup..

Page 112 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162212 ... LastLast