Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,201  
Very nice set up, those tire chains are real mean, i had some front + rear on my CK30 for log skidding, makes the tractor unstoppable. Btw i'm certain you purchased from Payeur just by the way your CK20 is set up:thumbsup: Great dealer, purchased my CK30 from them, good people who know their stuff, but far from my place:(.

Absolutly right! you know your stuff sir! They where over my place today for the 50hrs, great mecanic! They are part of the "fun"equation! They also did some modification on the Martin snowblower.

Anyway it's a great upgrade for what I use to have!

Phil

Attachments

• P1010343.jpg
    P1010343.jpg
    815.8 KB · Views: 542
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,202  
Wow, that is one heck of a setup for a small tractor like that! Very nice :thumbsup:

Where did you get those chains and what kind are they?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,203  
I just finish my preparation for a canadian winter: blockheater for the CK20, Front Martin snowblower, rear stuuded SMT 3/8 chain, and front tryyg 5mm studded chain. Plan B if it doesnt work out good: snowmobile!

Phil

I like that loader mounted blower, I did not know that there was a pto driven setup like that.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,204  
Wow, that is one heck of a setup for a small tractor like that! Very nice :thumbsup:

Where did you get those chains and what kind are they?

For rear tires they are SMT 3/8 studded chain (about 400$), up front they are Tryyg 5mm studded chain (about 200$) You can climb a hill a make sharp turn with your snowblower or get out of thought spot. I got those with my local Dealer (Payeur's)

ebay might be an other solution for you Trygg Studded ATV Tire Chains 23x8 23x10x24 9x11 24x9x12 Honda Kawasaki Suzuki | eBay

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,205  
I like that loader mounted blower, I did not know that there was a pto driven setup like that.

You have to add a mid PTO, easy to install, then up front bolted with the front bumper a gear case, a driving shaft and you are in buiness.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,206  
You have to add a mid PTO, easy to install, then up front bolted with the front bumper a gear case, a driving shaft and you are in buiness.

I had a front mount on my Bobcat which hooked up to the "Bobcat quick hitch." I your set up because you can keep the loader on and you could easily switch to a bucket or blade. The way my Bobcat was you had to remove the loader which was not that big of a deal, then you had to put the quick hitch and mid pto drive line. Then you could connect to the blower, just drive the hitch under and pick it up and pin it on. Doing this took the better part of a hour.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,207  
Looks great. I would like more pics of the block heater please. Gets cold here too.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,208  
Looks great. I would like more pics of the block heater please. Gets cold here too.

I'll try to get you the specific brand, but I know it is 2500watt located to preheat the cooling fluid. After being plug in for 4-5 hours pretty much everythind is tosty! The best way to work it is with a timer, otherwise if you leave it on non-stop for days I would be concern about gasket and seal getting old too fast.

Attachments

• P1010834.jpg
    P1010834.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 372
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,209  
I had a front mount on my Bobcat which hooked up to the "Bobcat quick hitch." I your set up because you can keep the loader on and you could easily switch to a bucket or blade. The way my Bobcat was you had to remove the loader which was not that big of a deal, then you had to put the quick hitch and mid pto drive line. Then you could connect to the blower, just drive the hitch under and pick it up and pin it on. Doing this took the better part of a hour.

When I removed the bucket I place it on 3 snowmobiles dolly, same for the snowblower. 5 minutes to remove, 10 to put it back on. I added a typical pic of the last snow fall we haved, 13hp didnt seem fair anymore...

Attachments

• P1010358.jpg
    P1010358.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 539
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,210  
JJZ,
Did you trade in your tractor for the bobcat?

Traded the tractor, but not for the Bobcat. I bought the Bobcat just before putting the tractor up for sale. I couldn't go without a machine of some sort in the interim. After several weeks of trying to sell the tractor on the local CL, I got nothing but tire kickers and low ballers contacting me.
Then a sales guy from an equipment dealer in a neighboring state contacted me about buying the tractor for his own personal use. His was the only realistic offer I received. Then I guess he and his boss decided that they could make money selling the tractor off their lot.
So instead of selling them the tractor, I made a deal and traded it for a new snow blower for the Bobcat, a new 6x12 CAM dump trailer and some cash. I got stuff that I would have eventually bought anyway, they had the tractor sold in less than a week. I'm sure they made money, and that's what it's all about. They were happy and so was I. Worked out great for both of us.
I see that you're in central Mass. My tractor went to Spencer, Massachusetts, but I'm not sure where they sold it to.