Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,221  
here's mine. Got if "free" when I traded up. Got is last year but only used for two minutes then put it away and just used the blade the rest of the season as there was not enough snow. Hopefully I can see what it can really do this year....
adhpqw.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,222  
here's mine. Got if "free" when I traded up. Got is last year but only used for two minutes then put it away and just used the blade the rest of the season as there was not enough snow. Hopefully I can see what it can really do this year....
adhpqw.jpg

Good looking setup, bring on the snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,223  
your erskin is exactly the same as my quickattach brand. there made by two different companies...that reside next door to each other. all their products are the same. strange.

I'm pretty sure that Erskine is the manufacturer and Quick Attach is a reseller. A quick search turned up this:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/246592-quick-attach-inc.html

Here's an old wanted ad for a job at Erskine/Quick Attach:
http://www.quickattach.com/open_administrative_assistant_position/

I'd say they're one and the same outfit. I do know that when I got the Erskine home, (along with Bobcat branded install kit) I took it to my local Bobcat guys for the installation. They said they were pretty impressed with the Erskine.
I likely would have gotten a blower from the local guys, but the snow blower was part of my deal with trading a tractor in for some other equipment elsewhere.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,224  
And mine, hard at work and just sitting pretty.
2009_0316Waterflood0026.JPG2009_0316Waterflood0029.jpg2009_0316Waterflood0022.jpgDSCF6674.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,226  
your erskin is exactly the same as my quickattach brand. there made by two different companies...that reside next door to each other. all their products are the same. strange.

I've always loved that setup you have, and look forward to seeing more pics of it in action this winter!

Sometimes when I'm pushing snow with my FEL in float, it will catch a little 'extra' and the front of the tractor will rise up off the ground because of the force on the loader arms. I assume this doesn't happen since your not really "pushing" any snow, but have you ever had this happen?

Do you see any disadvantages to having the FEL mounted blower? I can't think of any except maybe if you were trying to get real close to a garage door or something but you have that problem with most any method.

That is a really sweet setup you have there :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,227  
Nice set up. I really like the cab, what make is it?

Its a Jodale Perry cab soft-side. Bought my tractor with the snowblower but no cab in 2008. By the end of december of the same year, my mind was made up, I needed a cab. Very windy here on the edge of the Bay of Chaleur. I just love the cab. I remove it in the spring and its back on in the fall.
DSCF5179.jpgDSCF5171.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,228  
grsthegreat- I see you are a Quick Attach customer, looks like you have an awesome loader mount blower setup. They make nice stuff.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,229  
I've always loved that setup you have, and look forward to seeing more pics of it in action this winter!

Sometimes when I'm pushing snow with my FEL in float, it will catch a little 'extra' and the front of the tractor will rise up off the ground because of the force on the loader arms. I assume this doesn't happen since your not really "pushing" any snow, but have you ever had this happen?

Do you see any disadvantages to having the FEL mounted blower? I can't think of any except maybe if you were trying to get real close to a garage door or something but you have that problem with most any method.

That is a really sweet setup you have there :thumbsup:

Ive only used it for 1 season so far, but i have never had the tractor lift. its in float mode while blowing snow.

After i cleared up an issue with the blowby adjustment not set properly, i have had no issues with it. It blows snow about the same as my older pto powered unit. my old tractor was geared, so it was hard not to bog down the motor. With the new HST tractor,if it starts to bog in the slightest,i let off the petal a bit and it just keeps on throwing the snow. Dry power shoots an amazing distance, while the real wet stuff is of course harder to throw too far. but that happens with any style of blower.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,230  
grsthegreat- I see you are a Quick Attach customer, looks like you have an awesome loader mount blower setup. They make nice stuff.

ya, im real impressed with the build quality. i especially like the ability to raise it up to clear the mounds of snow that pile off the barn roof.