Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,231  
Its a Jodale Perry cab soft-side. Bought my tractor with the snowblower but no cab in 2008. By the end of december of the same year, my mind was made up, I needed a cab. Very windy here on the edge of the Bay of Chaleur. I just love the cab. I remove it in the spring and its back on in the fall.
View attachment 289470View attachment 289471

That is just beautiful. If you don't mind my asking, could you tell me approximately what something like that would cost, with heat?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,232  
I paid a little over 4K. They are somewhat expensive, but very well made. Mine came with the heater, front wiper, inside dome light, front and rear lights. They are ROPS so you have to remove yours to install the cab. If you go on their site, you have the option to built your own and it will give you the price. I don't think you have the option of the soft side cab anymore. Jodale Perry | World class engineering and manufacturing of ROPS products

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,233  
We live on 11 acres in northwest lower Michigan and get plenty of snow. We had a particularly bad one last March when 14" of very wet snow hit the area and took down many trees and power lines. Our 600' driveway was barely recognizable with all the downed trees, and it took a lot of effort with tractor/blower and chain saw to make things passable. Then we had to clear our neighbor's driveway (longer than 600') since she was out of town, and we didn't want her coming home to an impassable driveway. The tractor and my 1994 triple bypass earned their keep on this one.

Our equipment - 2004 Kubota L3130 with L2174A 62" front snow blower (a former neighbor had a John Deere with a rear blower which did a good job, but driving backward always seemed like the wrong way to get the job done - we opted for a front blower when we made the move to a tractor/blower). We also have a back blade that comes into play occasionally, but the front blower is what we rely on for the vast majority of our snow removal.

John

Attachments

• SnowJobFront020407.jpg
    SnowJobFront020407.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 417
  • SnowJobRear020407.jpg
    SnowJobRear020407.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 312
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,234  
I'm ready for the first snowfall with my blower and the new weight that I made this summer. As you can see the 24* grade is no picnic and my BH was too heavy when going uphill.

MF snow 2.JPGMF snow 1.JPGphoto.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,235  
Until I get this stuck, which I haven't in two foot snows, I'm holding off on a front blower for the Kubota. Seriously expensive but that warm cab with my new speakers playing is sure going to make me think twice.

Attachments

• P1000146.jpg
    P1000146.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 450
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,236  
All warshed up, fresh fluid/filter change/grease, full of diesel and ready to go.... And pictures of my JD 420, 20hp Onan HST. About 1000 pounds with 400 pounds of Allis C. weights on the back. She will push snow straight forward until it stalls if you let it.. 3/4" ply box on front for snow pusher, with a double plastic pipe bottom. Got a couple AM37982 quick connects coming for the hose leaks...

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,238  
Does anyone spray their Plow...like with WD40?

Having read a lot of threads about snow blowing and plowing...looks like a lot of folks use WD-40 (or an equivalent...some use PAM) on their plows and blowers.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,239  
I use regular car wax on my blade, works pretty good except my drive is stone and it has a tendacy to wear off fast with heavy wet snow. When I wax it ,I put it on heavy and don't buff it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,240  
This is my snow removal equipment. That is my wife trying it out last winterWP_000089.jpg