Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,251  
I am awaiting the snow, just remembered I forgot to include the toro electric power shovel, believe it or not I use that thing all the time. Nothing beats electric for ease of use.

Joel

Attachments

• 20121124 005.jpg
    20121124 005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 539
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,252  
Nice arsenal of snow movers.

Chris

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,253  
Thats funny I dont see the power cord for the shovel. LOL

Chris

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,254  
Must be one of those newfangled cordless shovels !:laughing:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,255  
Got the blade modified with a thicker wear bar & increased the mold board height by 6" on my factory new Cub Cadet 46" snow/dirt blade. With the help of my youngest son @ 6 years old we got the blade mounted up to my 2011 Cub Cadet GT2100 garden tractor. I have the tires loaded with -40 windshield washer fluid already so now all we have to do is put on the chains. This will be the first winter with this set up so I am anxious to try it out, last winter in Nebraska seemed like we lived in Atlanta or something, only 2 wet snows that melted in a few days. My old machine was a 1978 JD 210 with a 4 speed gear drive, I wonder how different the hydro will be? I expect it will be ALOT easier, shifting from forward to reverse a 100 times got old really fast! See included photo of all my snow removal equipment including the Cub, a 2 stage Bolens blower and of course the trusty old shovels, one for me and one for each of my 2 boys, 6 & 8 years old. We are all hoping for snowpocalypse this year! {:~()
John

Attachments

• image-64475334.jpg
    image-64475334.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 291
  • image-3137706474.jpg
    image-3137706474.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 355
  • image-1994145088.jpg
    image-1994145088.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 271
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,256  
Great idea on the taller mold board. One thing I would suggest is add more weight than just the filled tires. Hang a few hundred pounds on the back. The more weight the better!!!

Chris

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,257  
All warshed up, fresh fluid/filter change/grease, full of diesel and ready to go.... And pictures of my JD 420, 20hp Onan HST. About 1000 pounds with 400 pounds of Allis C. weights on the back. She will push snow straight forward until it stalls if you let it.. 3/4" ply box on front for snow pusher, with a double plastic pipe bottom. Got a couple AM37982 quick connects coming for the hose leaks...

Okay I will bite. So what does the pipe do?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,259  
leaves the shale in the driveway instead of in the snowpile! Also less likely to bring up sod in unfrozen areas.

Ray

Yup, lets the blade glide across stuff without digging in. I ran out of black ABS pipe long enough to cover the bottom, and the piece I had was four inches or so short. So I slid a white PVC over top of it the correct lenght. The inner ABS actually helps support the PVC and keeps it from shattering like normal. If I ever get some gas for my torches, I'd slit me a piece of well drill pipe... which is what most of the pro's that push snow for a living use. :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,260  
cschulz said:
Great idea on the taller mold board. One thing I would suggest is add more weight than just the filled tires. Hang a few hundred pounds on the back. The more weight the better!!!

Chris

Funny you should say that, actually when we were at my father-in-laws ranch for Thanksgiving I found 2 suitcase weights from an OLD tractor in the barn and brought em home, I think they weigh about 75lbs each. Now all I have to do is figure out how the heck I am going to attach them to the back of the Cub, any ideas?
I will say however I only had wheel weights and chains on my old JD 210 and had minimal tire slipping, only on steep drives & when pushing up piles.