Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,281  
See what all the guys down south are missing?? :D

We just had an inch dusting over the weekend, but it was still fun to play..but, shhhh, to the wife I've claimed it's work.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,282  
duroc said:
Wayne,

Thanks for the info on your build! I started out with a car window motor, but I'm not happy with it. The motor has enough power to rotate the chute, but it doesn't run that "true" - which means the life-span (of something) is going to be short. I think I'll look into using the motor you used as I'd rather build it once and forget about it. Thanks again for the info! Think snow!! :)

Update:

I ordered the motor today (Tuesday) and it has already shipped out. Now if the weather will continue to stay warm, I'll get it mounted.

Bill I cannot tell you how well it works as we have NO snow to actually use it. I had the same experience with them when I ordered my motor.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,283  
Pixguy said:
See what all the guys down south are missing?? :D

We just had an inch dusting over the weekend, but it was still fun to play..but, shhhh, to the wife I've claimed it's work.

No kidding! I live in central NY and can't buy more than a dusting so far... Everyone at work is really ticked at me when I gripe about no snow, go figure...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,284  
I've been waiting for some snow to get a photo of my snow removal equipment, but no luck. So here's a youtube of my snowblower last winter. This rig (Unimog 404) is 50 years old, but new to me last winter. Needless to say, I enjoy playing and/or working in snow. Or is there really a difference? Unimog 404 Beilhack HS230 snowblower - YouTube

are those spinner windows on the unimog like on ships?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,285  
Here is what I use for snow removal. It's a Yamaha Grizzly 550 with a 48" plow. It's bigger than the Kodiak I used previously and it has a winch instead of a lever to raise/lower the plow. Now if we would just get some snow so I can try it out! IMG_0339.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,286  
are those spinner windows on the unimog like on ships?

That's correct. They're also used on locomotives equipped with snow blowers.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,287  
Ready for the white stuff, bring it on.

Rick

Attachments

• 522xi ready for snow.jpg
    522xi ready for snow.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 459
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,289  
ENG18LT said:
Lake Effect, YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!

Ha, the joke is on you... Since I just so happened to buy a snow blower this year, there will be no snow in the northeast this year!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,290  
Ha, the joke is on you... Since I just so happened to buy a snow blower this year, there will be no snow in the northeast this year!

I bought one too. I went all last winter saying if a good storm came along I would get one, never needed to. Figure I won't get through two seasons without one.