Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,301  
2qivb68.jpg

Being old with a bad neck I find the inverted blower a big improvement when blowing long lanes. I made the hydraulic blade on the back so I can pull snow away from garage doors to avoid any shoveling. This will be my first year with the Kubota M7040. Previously I had an old Nuffield 465 2wd with very aggressive tire chains and had no problems pulling the 90" wide blower through deep snow.

Dave M7040

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,302  
Being old with a bad neck I find the inverted blower a big improvement when blowing long lanes. I made the hydraulic blade on the back so I can pull snow away from garage doors to avoid any shoveling. This will be my first year with the Kubota M7040. Previously I had an old Nuffield 465 2wd with very aggressive tire chains and had no problems pulling the 90" wide blower through deep snow.

Dave M7040

Nice setup...wanna trade?? :D
Tractor 12.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,303  
He's my setup for winter. YOu've probably seen this combination more than once. Barrel full of sand strapped to a carry-all for ballast and a Berlon SSQA for my old Western plow. I still need to get hoses built for the right/left cylinders and will probably use a come-along or heavier straps for the sand barrel.

100_2467.jpg

100_2466.jpg

100_2464.jpg
I plowed for the first time with this setup this morning. Works great, but I see what you guys mean about another set of shoes on the back of the plow. I dug in a couple times on rougher spots, and am still getting the hang of keeping the FEL arms as low as possible.

Those Ag tires sure gripped well. Didn't use 4Wd, but 6" snow might not be a fair test. Will be good to have 4Wd if it ever gets heavy/deep.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,304  
Dave, love the M7040. I'm guessing you must get quite a bit of snow up your way and having an enclosed heated cab is the way to go. And the ole lab looks like a sweetie, love that gray face!!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,306  
In Northen VT, about 10 days ago,
about 8 in of snow
'67 Ford 2000 gas with an old 7 ft truck plow on a new bucket clamp

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,307  
I purchased a new Horst plow and Woods rear blower for my quarter mile driveway and haven't had to get it out except to polish them. I'm sure we will have the lightest snow ever recorded. I think I may have ruined it for everyone wanting to play in the snow.....

Snow Weapon.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,308  
Didn't ruined here, 6" of snow this morning. :cool2:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,310  
I purchased a new Horst plow and Woods rear blower for my quarter mile driveway and haven't had to get it out except to polish them. I'm sure we will have the lightest snow ever recorded. I think I may have ruined it for everyone wanting to play in the snow.....

View attachment 292482

Great looking setup with all that orange, even if it's the "wrong" brand. :D