Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,311  
doesnt look like the east coast will get any snow this year like they predicted. too warm

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,312  
Here's my new setup. Blower was new early this fall, so that means I probably won't need it. So far, we've only had 3" of snow, but I managed to plow some piles so I could at least try out the new blower. Last year, we already had 4-5 feet by now. We got the snow that night after I took the picture, which was the day I got the new blower all set up, so maybe that's a good sn-omen. :D

After I got the blower, I decided I really should get the cab. Been wanting a cab for the last 4 winters. I may have double jinxed our snow for this season with a new blower AND a new cab.

Since the blower has the manual chute crank, and it sticks out so far (too close to the cab for my comfort level), I had to push the blower further back. I have a winch to wire up to do an electric chute, but unless we get some warm weather again this winter, I may not get to it till next summer. So I may need to shorten the manual chute rotator handle to be sure it doesn't get anywhere near the cab glass.

Attachments

• IMG_8204.JPG
    IMG_8204.JPG
    843.3 KB · Views: 417
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,313  
Bill I cannot tell you how well it works as we have NO snow to actually use it. I had the same experience with them when I ordered my motor.

Well Wayne, it's installed, runs true and should work just fine. The only down-side I see is that it is kind of slow at 50 RPM. It would be nice to have a motor that turns 100 -125 RPM. But, I can live with the 50 RPM for now. :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,314  
Great looking setup with all that orange, even if it's the "wrong" brand. :D

You were doing great with the new cab but a TWO TONE blower!? How could you do that to your poor "wrong" orange tractor? :) I am jealous you live in Colorado it's a beautiful place. And yes that handle looks like it's just poised to impale the new cab. (Which I probably would have done the first time I raised the 3-pt hitch!)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,315  
You were doing great with the new cab but a TWO TONE blower!? How could you do that to your poor "wrong" orange tractor? :)

I'm thinking about some paint. Still 2 tone, but maybe paint the white chute orange. The grey is actually the same as the Kubota Grey frame & drivetrain color. I got the 2 tone blower because I was too cheap to buy a matching orange blower.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,316  
...I got the 2 tone blower because I was too cheap to buy a matching orange blower.

No need to explain yourself, us Kioti owners know how expensive that shade of orange is :laughing:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,317  
I'm thinking about some paint. Still 2 tone, but maybe paint the white chute orange. The grey is actually the same as the Kubota Grey frame & drivetrain color. I got the 2 tone blower because I was too cheap to buy a matching orange blower.

I use black satin on my blower. Easy to touch up the bare metal surfaces each spring with a rattle can before you store it away for the summer. Got used to using it yeara ago when I repainted a John Deere garden tractor blower.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,318  
Since the blower has the manual chute crank, and it sticks out so far (too close to the cab for my comfort level), I had to push the blower further back. I have a winch to wire up to do an electric chute, but unless we get some warm weather again this winter, I may not get to it till next summer. So I may need to shorten the manual chute rotator handle to be sure it doesn't get anywhere near the cab glass.

Looks like an Allied blower, same as the Buhler Farm King I recently sold from my old B3030. You shouldn't have any trouble with the handle striking your glass. I extended mine rearward like you have yours. I just had to remember to flip the rear window open before I raised the blower so that I could reach the handle to rotate the chute. I did have to have the blower in the raised position to reach the handle. There are worse problems to have. Like snow removal in an open station! :laughing:
Now that I've gone to the Bobcat, the new snow blower for that has chute rotation and deflector controls from inside the heated cab.