Page 134 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2166
    Tractor
    Kubota L3430 HST, LA723 loader

Default Re: Pictures of your snow weapons

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    Yup, lets the blade glide across stuff without digging in. I ran out of black ABS pipe long enough to cover the bottom, and the piece I had was four inches or so short. So I slid a white PVC over top of it the correct lenght. The inner ABS actually helps support the PVC and keeps it from shattering like normal. If I ever get some gas for my torches, I'd slit me a piece of well drill pipe... which is what most of the pro's that push snow for a living use.
    Thanks all. I love the idea! I have a gravel driveway and use a JD 317 with 149 blower that picks up rocks. Not good. I just raise This should work. So if I understand correctly I just cut a 3inch pvc pipe to length and slit it length ways to slide over the cutting edge?

I will have to check the blower, but there must be bolts/nuts on cutting edge to hold the pipe on.

Tractor
    2008 2305 jd

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    I finished enclosing Max yesterday using Vinyl and velcro. If anybody is interested here's a link to it in the build it yourself thread.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...l-cab-max.html
    Holy crap! Replace those tires with tracks and you have a Sherman tank.
    How could you be told I was french?

4' Howse rotary cutter, mid mount lawnmower, f.e.loader, pallet forks, tiller, cultivator, middle buster, snowblower, grass-sweeper, quick hitch, trailer hitch, jodale-perry cab

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

Quote Originally Posted by orangebruce View Post
    Thanks all. I love the idea! I have a gravel driveway and use a JD 317 with 149 blower that picks up rocks. Not good. I just raise This should work. So if I understand correctly I just cut a 3inch pvc pipe to length and slit it length ways to slide over the cutting edge?

I will have to check the blower, but there must be bolts/nuts on cutting edge to hold the pipe on.
    PVC probably won't last long. It is pretty brittle, especially when down around zero. ABS, the black stuff, is more pliable and seems to hold up better... You can even put two pipes of different sizes on to help make the outer one last longer. But all of it is pretty inexpensive, so it does not cost much to try something. And, if you ever get something you really like, you can spilt a steel pipe with a torch and make something that will last longer. [ That is, if we EVER GET ANY SNOW... !!! ]

Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    OMG, that's awesome. My truck wants to know if Max can come over to play?
    Attachment 292911
    Talk about awesome, that's some truck you've got. What is it?? As far as a play date, It would take a couple weeks to get to your house but would be an interesting match and I think it would come down to weight. Max comes in at about 5 tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Henri88 View Post
    Holy crap! Replace those tires with tracks and you have a Sherman tank.
    Henri,
    J'ai eu des bulldozer et il coute beaucoupe d'argen pour maintenir les tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    Beast enough for me... !!! Remember, one man's beast is someone elses tinkertoy... Nice ride...!!!!
    Not to detract from anyone's weapons as most folks don't have room for big- un's, the problem is that after running the big stuff, you don't want to get back on the little ones except in tight quarters. I know that after running Cat 375 excavators and 988 loaders with about 8-10 yard buckets (loads a ten wheeler in 3 buckets), my little case 580 backhoe/loader seems like working with a hand shovel.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere UTV w/plow

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    Talk about awesome, that's some truck you've got. What is it?? As far as a play date, It would take a couple weeks to get to your house but would be an interesting match and I think it would come down to weight. Max comes in at about 5 tons.
    My top (safe) speed on the road with the blower mounted is approximately "faster than walking". (Would take me a couple of MONTHS to drive to NY.)
    This is a 1962 Mercedes Benz Unimog 404. The blower was built by another German company, Beilhack. The blower is driven by a PTO from a diesel that sits on the 404's bed. That engine also drives a hydraulic pump for chute angle & blower height. The 404 weighs 6,500 without the blower equipment, 11,500 lbs as configured here. So I may have you on weight, but somehow I suspect you'd still pull me all over the place.

Unimogs do have some tractor-like features like locking diff (front and rear), some have 3-pt hitches (not mine). I have chains for all 4, which is pretty much necessary in order to cut dense snow drifts. Basically, moving snow is both a necessity and a hobby for me, I just love it.

Fat Tire,
    Ive seen the Unimogs and heard great reports on them but never got a chance to drive one. It sure looks like it would move some snow without breaking your neck backing up. I had my blower up front also but we generally don't get enough at once to make it worthwhile and put it on the back this year.

Tractor
    2008 2305 jd

Smiley, nice to see you haven't lost your french. Nous avons deja appartenu une compagnie de constuction "landscaping" mais jamais aussi gros que l'equipement que tu as travailler avec, and yes tracks are much more expensive to maintain then tires. Au plaisir!
    How could you be told I was french?

4' Howse rotary cutter, mid mount lawnmower, f.e.loader, pallet forks, tiller, cultivator, middle buster, snowblower, grass-sweeper, quick hitch, trailer hitch, jodale-perry cab

Quote Originally Posted by Henri88 View Post
    Smiley, nice to see you haven't lost your french.
    I have to credit the French to my wife. Luckily I knew just enough French to get married to her. As for the large equipment, I'm retired now so don't get to run them and am envious every time I go by a big job and see a really big machine doing it's thing.

Page 134 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144184 ... LastLast