Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,361  
a mule...oh my poor Fjord will never forgive you.

shes one of my Norwegian Fjord girls.

Oops, tell her "sorry". I am not familiar with Fjords, but just did a quick wiki to see what I could learn. I see why people like them.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,362  
cschulz said:
The more weight the better!!!!! Plain and simple.

Chris

Ok Chris, I took your advice and added some weight, I estimate the plates to be somewhere between 75-100LBS each. As you can see in the photo I used block of wood with a back plate bolted to it to rest the weights on & held them to the tractor with tie down straps. I took my tractor out for a ride to make sure they would stay in place and they seemed to be fine, I may look at coming up,with something more permanent next year. Oh, got chained up today also, FINALLY some snow in the forecast!

Thanks for the advise,

John

Thats what Im talkin about John!! The more weight the better.

Chris

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,363  
Here are my two. If the little one isn't big enough, the Kubota should be.
Kubota001_zps0669e103.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,364  

We got 9" of heavy wet snow Wed. night & Thur. morning so I got to try out my set up! I'll tell ya what Chris, with that extra 200lbs and the blade height extension I fabricated that Cub pushed an amazing amount of snow. I was able to stack snow piles 6' tall by riding the bank up, the chained 23x10.5x12 tires hardly slipped at all!
I had wheel weights only on my old JD 210 and it didn't push as well as the Cub, boy are you right about weight, I had no idea what a big difference it could make!
Here are a couple photos, thanks again.

Attachments

• image-4035741391.jpg
    image-4035741391.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 406
  • image-1407552007.jpg
    image-1407552007.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 332
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,365  
We received 4" overnight and I was out this am cleaning my steep driveway.

Love my little MF and blower.

Attachments

• Snow 12.JPG
    Snow 12.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 302
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,366  
2qivb68.jpg

Being old with a bad neck I find the inverted blower a big improvement when blowing long lanes. I made the hydraulic blade on the back so I can pull snow away from garage doors to avoid any shoveling. This will be my first year with the Kubota M7040. Previously I had an old Nuffield 465 2wd with very aggressive tire chains and had no problems pulling the 90" wide blower through deep snow.

Dave M7040

You sir, have my dream setup! That is one serious snow machine right there! I prefer the inverted blower as well, it makes a nice compact package when you take the FEL off too. Do you use it commercially at all? That looks like a Normand blower, 92"? How does the M7040 handle it?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,367  
We got 9" of heavy wet snow Wed. night & Thur. morning so I got to try out my set up! I'll tell ya what Chris, with that extra 200lbs and the blade height extension I fabricated that Cub pushed an amazing amount of snow. I was able to stack snow piles 6' tall by riding the bank up, the chained 23x10.5x12 tires hardly slipped at all!
I had wheel weights only on my old JD 210 and it didn't push as well as the Cub, boy are you right about weight, I had no idea what a big difference it could make!
Here are a couple photos, thanks again.

Aint playin in the snow fun. Wish we had enough to play. Glad to hear the extra weight helped.

Chris

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,368  
we did receive 14" during the last storm that passed thru here 2 days ago. now its 35F and its turning to slush. this sucks.

The buildings all shed off, so i was able to blow that out of the way before it turned to absolute slush. the piles were over 4 feet tall under the overhangs.

The loader mounted snowblower worked amazingly good at removing these piles in short order.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,369  
Grs,
For your location and situation, you certainly have the BEST setup that I can think of! How bout a few more (new) pics? :D
At least some of you are getting some snow, we haven't had anything plowable yet.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,370  
Here's mine!

Attachments

• Kubota2.JPG
    Kubota2.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 2,125