583.6 KB · Views: 670
  • Mar2010 029.jpg
    Mar2010 029.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 614
  • Mar2010 026.jpg
    Mar2010 026.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 586
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #133  
I'm ready and waiting for the snow.Next year I hope to get a Curtis cab for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    807.7 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    836.6 KB · Views: 699
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #134  
Now you're talkin':). Nothing quite like these monsters when it comes to clearing snow.:thumbsup:

Greg

I read that some of these have 2500 hp diesel engines. Any video I've seen of one of these in action has a pup size fuel car in place right behind the rotary. I'm guessing it's because these use that much fuel.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #135  
You asked for pics of our machines, and not the neighbors. :)

This is mine, and the blade sits in the shed until the snow comes. About a 5 min. job to drop the FEL, roll out the blade and about another 5 to tilt it up and secure with two bolts. Plug in three QC's and off we go. If deep and wet, then add the ladder chains.

If deep, then add the wing plow which is at most 5 minutes to attach.

Attachments

• 100_1052 (Large).JPG
    100_1052 (Large).JPG
    177 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 100_1588 (Medium).JPG
    100_1588 (Medium).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,167
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #136  
You asked for pics of our machines, and not the neighbors. :)

This is mine, and the blade sits in the shed until the snow comes. About a 5 min. job to drop the FEL, roll out the blade and about another 5 to tilt it up and secure with two bolts. Plug in three QC's and off we go. If deep and wet, then add the ladder chains.

That's a nice rig, beenthere...what did it cost, if I may ask?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #137  
... If deep, then add the wing plow which is at most 5 minutes to attach.

I like that wing plow. Does it work well.
I doubt my tractor could handle anything but a small wing plow. Here we don't have any ditches so it would only be useful for pushing the tops off piles.(although once you get something, you find many more uses for it than you had thought of originally.)

Nice rig all-around.:thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #138  

Does the wing help you hold a straight line or does it make it tougher ?
Great looking rig :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #139  
Cost?
The Western plow about $1500 (10+ years ago) and the fabricated attachment welded up was another $250.
The wing (altogether about $500, that is $100 to buy the steel, get cut and bent to shape, and then 400 for labor for design/welding/materials).
Works much better than I dreamed it would. The rear push bar telescopes to widen the effectiveness, and at its furthest stretch will have some side push on the rear wheels. I've found that lowering the front blade to also push will counteract that rear side push and hold a pretty good line. If hitting a hard drift or frozen snow, then raising slightly to take a couple passes will handle moving the snow over quite well.

Here is a youtube vid of the very first pass, and going very slow to see if there were any problems. None.

The front of the wing hangs off the FEL stub, and the rear push bar pins into the tractor drawbar. The lift comes from a chain looped over the 3 ph lift arm. It will mount on either the left or the right side, equally as easy without any alterations.
YouTube - Wing_plow.MOV

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #140  
What .. is .. this .. "snow" you speak of? And why do you need a weapon for it??

state-outline-florida-withtree.jpg

Why of course to keep the alligators, chiggers and venomous snakes away.