Page 140 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2397
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

Default Re: Pictures of your snow weapons

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    heres another snow machine.... just got thru snowblowing the driveways and trails. and just had to go play.

Attachment 293213Attachment 293214
    Beautiful horse & Sled.
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Quote Originally Posted by ljohnson778 View Post
    Ha! Everyone said my 9' Erskine blower was overkill... If the forecast pans out, we'll see. Ok, it's probably still overkill, but sure will be fun!
    What is this word you speak of? "Overkill" Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that.

Sounds to me that anything LESS than a 9' blower on a T5070 would be silly.

Got any pics?
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040, ZD326, JD Gator 855D

Well the blizzard was 13.5” and a lot of blowing. Local roads not plowed yet. I went out in the Gator and it struggled since it was pushing snow everywhere it went. With my mile drive as I was pushing the Gator down it, I was thinking….I’ve got to get something to take care of snow. Even a smaller snow poses a problem with people getting to work etc. When I got to the road a neighbor was using his tractor with end loader on his drive and he offered to make a pass on mine…which was very nice of him. He did and it helped but the drive is still quite a mess. I do not currently have a tractor.

For you that plow snow with a UTV and plow, how much money would I have to spend to get a basic setup. Some research I did today, I found as lot of nice plows but expensive. The most reasonable deal I found was a Viper plow. They use the winch to raise and lower…and on the John Deere the front receiver as the attach point. Is that receiver adequate from a stress point to handle a snow plow? The plow does have two anchor points, but that is to an adapter that goes into the receiver. This 13.5” is quite an abnormality, and I really would not expect to get this size of snow again if ever.

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post

What is this word you speak of? "Overkill" Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that.

Sounds to me that anything LESS than a 9' blower on a T5070 would be silly.

Got any pics?
    By the looks of it outside right now, I should be able to snap a few decent snow removal pics tomorrow... Stay tuned!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

Snowing out right now in CT. Few inches so far. If it doesn't change to rain maybe a good storm. Will post pics of my first try at snow removal on tractor with FEL. As a backup I put plow on truck, gased the Ariens, and the Toro single stage. I guess I should be covered.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Quote Originally Posted by ljohnson778 View Post
    By the looks of it outside right now, I should be able to snap a few decent snow removal pics tomorrow... Stay tuned!
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

How is the culvert working out as a snow plow?? Just finished 3+ hours of plowing with just the bucket..... I figure if the culvert works, I will get a 7-8 foot piece and angle it on the bucket. Thoughts ??

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Biggest snow we've gotten so far was 5". Not really enough to justify the blower, so I plowed most of the driveway into one big 2' deep windrow, then fired up the blower and went to town. Looks wierd not having snow piles and windrows all over the place from the plow. Looking forward to using the blower on the big storms. So far, me likey.
    And even moreso, I like the cab while I'm clearing snow when it's breezy and 5* outside. Heck, cab gets so warm, I was in short sleeves plowing our 2" snowfall on Christmas day - it was 11* out then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_8204-jpg  
    2012 Kubota B3000, block heater, filled rears, rear wheel spacers, fender extensions, LA403 w/60" bucket, BH77 w/12" bucket & mechanical thumb, Kubota pin-type QA, Kubota forks, Caroni TM1600 flail, Buhler Allied YC6010 3pt blower, Meyer 72" FEL mounted plow, Midwest LR2072 rake

Previous machines:

2008 Kubota B3030 (Open Station), LA403, BH75, 4 - 55w halogen front & rear ROPS mounted worklights with L39 dash switches
    2004 Case NH DX24E Subcompact

Kubotas from Barlow's

Tractor
    2013 Kubota kx-121, 1988 Kubota L2202DT 1998, Bobcat 331 bobcat, F800 dump truck

double post sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snow-jpg   -snow2-jpg  
    Last edited by amazincaucasian; 12-30-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Tractor
    2013 Kubota kx-121, 1988 Kubota L2202DT 1998, Bobcat 331 bobcat, F800 dump truck

We don't get much snow, but I got to play some this weekend. Here's how it goes around here....
    -Get some accounts to clear snow in town
    -If and when there's enough accumulation, call and confirm you'll be there
    -Get stuff loaded and ready, drive to town, dodge crazy people and kids doing donuts like they never seen snow before
    -Arrive at job and it's already been done by some random person who never got hired to do it.
    -Nobody gets paid

This has happened for 4 years now. Kinda makes a guy want to give up. These people will go hit the parking lots while it's still snowing, before the hired personnel arrive. Doesn't matter if we only get 1/2 inch, these jacklegs pile it up it and leave a bill. My customers say they don't pay em, but I guess there's enough people who'll pay that they make a little.

Drove 35 miles last night at 1 a.m. to do one of my ambulance districts. I called right before I left to confirm I was coming and they said come on. Guess what....Somebody beat me there. So now I'll just charge em for my drive and I guess since they're not paying the knucklehead that did it without asking, they'll come out good.

Anyway, alot of times when there's just a couple inches, I use a tractor with box blade for parking lots, straight blade for driveways. This is my buddy's 863. I'm using it now because my lights aren't working on my little tractor. I like it, but run foot controls better. This one's hand. Not much faster than my tractor and blade though. I'm keepin' her loaded on the count of we're posed to git more Monday

-snow-jpg-snow2-jpg
    Last edited by amazincaucasian; 12-30-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Page 140 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190 ... LastLast