Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,392  
Ha! Everyone said my 9' Erskine blower was overkill... If the forecast pans out, we'll see. Ok, it's probably still overkill, but sure will be fun!

What is this word you speak of? "Overkill" Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that. :D

Sounds to me that anything LESS than a 9' blower on a T5070 would be silly.

Got any pics?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,393  
Well the blizzard was 13.5” and a lot of blowing. Local roads not plowed yet. I went out in the Gator and it struggled since it was pushing snow everywhere it went. With my ½ mile drive as I was pushing the Gator down it, I was thinking….I’ve got to get something to take care of snow. Even a smaller snow poses a problem with people getting to work etc. When I got to the road a neighbor was using his tractor with end loader on his drive and he offered to make a pass on mine…which was very nice of him. He did and it helped but the drive is still quite a mess. I do not currently have a tractor.

For you that plow snow with a UTV and plow, how much money would I have to spend to get a basic setup. Some research I did today, I found as lot of nice plows but expensive. The most reasonable deal I found was a Viper plow. They use the winch to raise and lower…and on the John Deere the front receiver as the attach point. Is that receiver adequate from a stress point to handle a snow plow? The plow does have two anchor points, but that is to an adapter that goes into the receiver. This 13.5” is quite an abnormality, and I really would not expect to get this size of snow again if ever.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,394  
What is this word you speak of? "Overkill" Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that. :D

Sounds to me that anything LESS than a 9' blower on a T5070 would be silly.

Got any pics?

By the looks of it outside right now, I should be able to snap a few decent snow removal pics tomorrow... Stay tuned!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,395  
Snowing out right now in CT. Few inches so far. If it doesn't change to rain maybe a good storm. Will post pics of my first try at snow removal on tractor with FEL. As a backup I put plow on truck, gased the Ariens, and the Toro single stage. I guess I should be covered.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,396  
By the looks of it outside right now, I should be able to snap a few decent snow removal pics tomorrow... Stay tuned!

:dance1::dance1::cool2::cool2:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,397  
How is the culvert working out as a snow plow?? Just finished 3+ hours of plowing with just the bucket..... I figure if the culvert works, I will get a 7-8 foot piece and angle it on the bucket. Thoughts ??

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,398  
Biggest snow we've gotten so far was 5". Not really enough to justify the blower, so I plowed most of the driveway into one big 2' deep windrow, then fired up the blower and went to town. Looks wierd not having snow piles and windrows all over the place from the plow. Looking forward to using the blower on the big storms. So far, me likey.
And even moreso, I like the cab while I'm clearing snow when it's breezy and 5* outside. Heck, cab gets so warm, I was in short sleeves plowing our 2" snowfall on Christmas day - it was 11* out then.

Attachments

• IMG_8204.JPG
    IMG_8204.JPG
    843.3 KB · Views: 289
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,399  
double post sorry

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 415
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,400  
We don't get much snow, but I got to play some this weekend. Here's how it goes around here....
-Get some accounts to clear snow in town
-If and when there's enough accumulation, call and confirm you'll be there
-Get stuff loaded and ready, drive to town, dodge crazy people and kids doing donuts like they never seen snow before
-Arrive at job and it's already been done by some random person who never got hired to do it.
-Nobody gets paid

This has happened for 4 years now. Kinda makes a guy want to give up. These people will go hit the parking lots while it's still snowing, before the hired personnel arrive. Doesn't matter if we only get 1/2 inch, these jacklegs pile it up it and leave a bill. My customers say they don't pay em, but I guess there's enough people who'll pay that they make a little.

Drove 35 miles last night at 1 a.m. to do one of my ambulance districts. I called right before I left to confirm I was coming and they said come on. Guess what....Somebody beat me there. So now I'll just charge em for my drive and I guess since they're not paying the knucklehead that did it without asking, they'll come out good.

Anyway, alot of times when there's just a couple inches, I use a tractor with box blade for parking lots, straight blade for driveways. This is my buddy's 863. I'm using it now because my lights aren't working on my little tractor. I like it, but run foot controls better. This one's hand. Not much faster than my tractor and blade though. I'm keepin' her loaded on the count of we're posed to git more Monday

View attachment 295292View attachment 295293

Last edited: