Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,401  
image.jpg

First attempt with a FEL. Disappointed but I understand there is a learning curve. Snow was crazy heavy. Just got 10" of light powder but went with the plow truck because I was pressed for time. Looking forward to trying FEL on a regular storm. I haven't given up yet.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,402  
First attempt with a FEL. Disappointed but I understand there is a learning curve. Snow was crazy heavy. Just got 10" of light powder but went with the plow truck because I was pressed for time. Looking forward to trying FEL on a regular storm. I haven't given up yet.

A FEL is not an efficient method to move snow. Blower and/or blade work better. FEL is last resort when snow is so high it can't be pushed and must be carried out of the way.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,403  
2012-12-18 23.08.16.jpg2012-12-20 00.51.05.jpg2012-12-20 00.51.43.jpg

First post here. After blowing snow for years with my B6200 and rear mount snowblower, I am tickled as can be to be blowing snow while looking forward from my heated box!
That is an L2052-1 blower on the front of my F3060.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,404  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,405  
First post here. After blowing snow for years with my B6200 and rear mount snowblower, I am tickled as can be to be blowing snow while looking forward from my heated box!
That is an L2052-1 blower on the front of my F3060.

Welcome to TBN. Nice setup you have there. Agree rear snowblower is a pain in the neck.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,406  
A FEL is not an efficient method to move snow. Blower and/or blade work better. FEL is last resort when snow is so high it can't be pushed and must be carried out of the way.

Well, it works for me but a front blade would be easier.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,407  
Never had a chance to try it, but I think a v-plow on FEL arms would work pretty well. A plow on FEL arms would be able to stack snow high and push over the tops of piles. The v-plow would make it easy to corral the snow for cleaning off wide areas.

I use the FEL bucket and a rear PTO blower, that combination gets the job done too, but a v-plow running in float might be faster I think.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,408  
View attachment 295500

With a little practice the FEL will do fine.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,409  
View attachment 295500

With a little practice the FEL will do fine.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,410  
+1.
Takes forever to clear my driveway using the bucket.
I do it with a loader mounted snow blade in a fraction of the time.