Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,421  
2030 1.jpg 2030 2.jpg

This is my newest snow mover, 74 JD 2030 with a 145 loader and 7' JD rear blade. I bought it this summer, it had been sitting in a barn for 6 years and was covered in 1/2" of pigeon crap. It took a month or so and some $$$ but I got her going, still working out some of the bugs. It sure beats pushing with my old JD 60 with a hand clutch and trip bucket!

ditch 1.jpgditch 2.jpg

This is our snow fighting weapon at work. Its called a Jordan Spreader. The nose blade lowers down and each side wing swings out, so you end up with a 20' wide plow. The spreader takes 3 guys to operate the hydraulics, a conductor , and an engineer to push it. The two locomotive put out 8800 HP and believe me it takes all that too get through some deep drifts. As an engineer people ask me whats it like, I say you cant see anything most of the time! Its a white knuckle ride and not much fun!

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,422  
Here is what I plan to use for snow 6" and under. It worked great on my little Yanmar, now I have 45 more horses behind it so that should make a difference. :D
007.jpg 008.jpg 004.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,423  
View attachment 296469 View attachment 296470

This is my newest snow mover, 74 JD 2030 with a 145 loader and 7' JD rear blade. I bought it this summer, it had been sitting in a barn for 6 years and was covered in 1/2" of pigeon crap. It took a month or so and some $$$ but I got her going, still working out some of the bugs. I sure beats pushing with my old JD 60 with a hand clutch and trip bucket!

View attachment 296471View attachment 296472

This is our snow fighting weapon at work. Its called a Jordan Spreader. The nose blade lowers down and each side wing swings out, so you end up with a 20' wide plow. The spreader takes 3 guys to operate the hydraulics, a conductor , and an engineer to push it. The two locomotive put out 8800 HP and believe me it takes all that too get through some deep drifts. As an engineer people ask me whats it like, I say you cant see anything most of the time! Its a white knuckle ride and not much fun!

How much does the jordan spreader with the plow weigh?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,424  
Id guess 150K lbs, its considered light in railroad terms. She derails quite a bit, so much that we carry rerailing frogs with us. Its original purpose is for moving dirt and ballast but works well for snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,425  
Id guess 150K lbs, its considered light in railroad terms. She derails quite a bit, so much that we carry rerailing frogs with us. Its original purpose is for moving dirt and ballast but works well for snow.

That was my thought if it was light it would derail.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,426  
+1.
Takes forever to clear my driveway using the bucket.
I do it with a loader mounted snow blade in a fraction of the time.

+2
I also discovered the hassle of plowing with a bucket on my 2516. So much so I ended up ordering a sub frame plow set up for it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,427  
i found these from a couple years ago. forgot i ever put the videos on. the Volvo loader is now replaced with a Deere 644H which i have to get a video of that. the one lot for the loader is close to 1/3 mile long, it takes 3 pickups to keep up with it. the backhoe is in a yard which is fed by 2 Bobcats with plows
L120 Volvo pushing snow with 20Ft pusher - YouTube
Volvo loader pushing snow - YouTube
Cat 416B pushing snow - YouTube

Hmmm .....that last one seems familiar .....all bloody winter :)

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    996.1 KB · Views: 334
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,428  
Last winter I posted this photo of me shoveling the roof of my porch with the backhoe. I was very careful and didn't have an "oop's", but I have been known to have them.
02-07-11_154.jpg

So here is the latest addition to the snow weapon arsenal. The super snow rake.IMAG0035.JPGIMAG0036.JPG

It should prevent any major oops's and gives me an additional 4 ft of reach with the bucket open.

2x6 with u bolts around teeth and tire tread bolted on.

Attachments

• IMAG0037.JPG
    IMAG0037.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,430  

Attachments

• IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 268