Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,443  
What are these Nokians you speak of?

Tires IM001147.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,444  
We don't get much snow, but I got to play some this weekend. Here's how it goes around here....
-Get some accounts to clear snow in town
-If and when there's enough accumulation, call and confirm you'll be there
-Get stuff loaded and ready, drive to town, dodge crazy people and kids doing donuts like they never seen snow before
-Arrive at job and it's already been done by some random person who never got hired to do it.
-Nobody gets paid

This has happened for 4 years now. Kinda makes a guy want to give up. These people will go hit the parking lots while it's still snowing, before the hired personnel arrive. Doesn't matter if we only get 1/2 inch, these jacklegs pile it up it and leave a bill. My customers say they don't pay em, but I guess there's enough people who'll pay that they make a little.

Drove 35 miles last night at 1 a.m. to do one of my ambulance districts. I called right before I left to confirm I was coming and they said come on. Guess what....Somebody beat me there. So now I'll just charge em for my drive and I guess since they're not paying the knucklehead that did it without asking, they'll come out good.

Anyway, alot of times when there's just a couple inches, I use a tractor with box blade for parking lots, straight blade for driveways. This is my buddy's 863. I'm using it now because my lights aren't working on my little tractor. I like it, but run foot controls better. This one's hand. Not much faster than my tractor and blade though. I'm keepin' her loaded on the count of we're posed to git more Monday

That random person is probably one of us doing the good deed get'n seat time. LOL

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,445  
Hi Razor,

Are those tires load rated, like the R-4s... excellent tread pattern, more aggressive than turf tires.... might be what I'm looking for on my M-59 for working the resort property.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,446  
Hi Razor,

Are those tires load rated, like the R-4s... excellent tread pattern, more aggressive than turf tires.... might be what I'm looking for on my M-59 for working the resort property.

I'm told that they are 16 ply and has a lot stronger sidewall than R-4s.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,447  
Currently, I have to screw studs into the tires for traction when removing snow... the R-4s slip and slide on sloped roads... what info can you pass on about the Nokian tires?

Thanks,
Anthony

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,448  
We do a lot of road travel and the ride is much smoother, it amost a car like feel to the tractor. I don't have a link but Google "Nokian Heavy Tyres" and you should find them. They seem slightly taller than my R1's on another tractor so my road speed is slightly faster also. We had a flash freeze here last night and had to go out on icy roads and they seemed better than I expected with only a little bit of sliding around the corners.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,449  
What size are those? Definitely looks like a great tire for snow and turf. I like the turfs on my 4520, but they don't have the load capacity that I would like for loader work. The fronts will squat way more than I like.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,450  
What size are those? Definitely looks like a great tire for snow and turf. I like the turfs on my 4520, but they don't have the load capacity that I would like for loader work. The fronts will squat way more than I like.

Try pumping them up to maximum pressure if you're not already doing that...