Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,451  
I am already at the max of 30 psi. The problem is John Deere (as well as the other brands I looked at) install wimpy 4 ply tires with a rating of only 1320 lbs. each for a tractor that that weights 4500 lbs. and a loader that can lift over 2500 lbs. The math doesn't add up. They could use the 10 ply version of the same tire that is rated at 2200 lbs. each. But that is still short of the 6 ply R4 rated at 3500 lbs. each. I had both R4 and Turfs for my last tractor and liked having the load capacity of the R4 when doing heavy loader work, but they were worthless on the lawn and in the snow compared to the turfs. There seems to be very little available that can do both heavy work and have good traction in the snow or on grass.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,453  
Would like something like the TRI 2 in a 10.5R20 for my Unimog. That would be a perfect tire for me.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,454  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,455  
Here is a picture of my BX2350 clearing the road in front of my house from a snow storm we had a couple of years ago. Some of the drifts were over 3 feet deep, and the rear blade was pretty useless, the end loader did all the work.

Attachments

• snow-road.JPG
    snow-road.JPG
    737.2 KB · Views: 372
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,456  
This is my current setup. Tried the bucket with the first snow fall and ended up using the blower instead. A buddy gave me an 7.5' arctic blade that had been hacked up some. Ended up cutting 6" of each side and rebuilt the lower half of the blade. Built the quick attach and have been waiting for the snow ever since. The blower is 60" wide.

Attachments

• image-2743491199.jpg
    image-2743491199.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 330
  • image-4087292364.jpg
    image-4087292364.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 266
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,457  
I've never seen a Razor with a plow. I bet that's fun. Does the RZR have locking rear diff? Those two machines together make a nice combo.

I didn't know they made plows for RZR's either until the guy I bought it from said it went with it. It works well. I'm pretty sure the RZR has no rear diff, it's all locked up in the back. Not sure about the front, normally they are on-demand 4 wheel drive but a switch on the dash allows the front drive to be locked in full-time.

The blower works well as long as you don't rush it. It needs some wings to make it as wide as the tractor.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,458  
Here is a picture of my BX2350 clearing the road in front of my house from a snow storm we had a couple of years ago. Some of the drifts were over 3 feet deep, and the rear blade was pretty useless, the end loader did all the work.

That looks like fun, if not too cold, etc.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,459  
The industrial tires(rear) on my Mahindra 2516 are rated for 2870lbs and are 6 ply. The fronts are rated for 1000 and are 4 plys.
The loader is rated for 1050?? That does seem odd doesn't it!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,460  
The industrial tires(rear) on my Mahindra 2516 are rated for 2870lbs and are 6 ply. The fronts are rated for 1000 and are 4 plys.
The loader is rated for 1050?? That does seem odd doesn't it!

525 lbs per tire, two 1000lb capacity tires gives you a 2000 lb capacity.