Page 153 of 217 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2166
    Doelake is located N of Huntsville in Ontario, Canada
    Tractor
    kubota m59 2010

Default Re: Pictures of your snow weapons

Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, I remember when we could plan on sledding for many weeks in a row. Since I built a heated cab for this winter it's really disappointing to be snowless. I'd post a pic of my snow weapon, but the grass is so green it's laughable.
    Nice cab Read your post about the design and build, great job!!! Too bad the winters don't give you a chance to test it's limits!!

So I remember in the early 90's (not that long ago, right?) living in a area of heavy snow on top of Blue Mountain where the road graders with v-blades and wings would pile the banks 15' high on my road, and I could stand on the top and look down on the grader's roof of the cab.... my friends living there now say there is less than a foot of snow on the ground.... What happened??

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by doelake View Post
    I was checking the upper part of Michigan and saw that the average was as you say....looking at the photo, I wonder, how do you keep a roadway open.... go at it every fews hours to stay ahead? Letting it fill in overnight would be disasterous, wouldn't it
    Most of the time it is not too bad, but there are times when the county and state will pull the plow trucks off the roads. That is when you don't want to be out. Blowing and drifting is the bad part. This year the first snowfall was 24-26" of heavy wet snow. About 5 years ago we got 38" in about 4 hours! It covered my fresh air intake for my furnace and that was nice to wake up to at 4:00 am, no heat!! The storm of 1978-79 you could touch alot of the power lines, scarey, most of the roads were impassible for 5+ days. I really do miss stuff like that. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

This is what I'm using now on both tractors Only difference is that the implements on the 4720 are 72" and on the 5105M it's 80"

JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by doelake View Post
    Nice cab Read your post about the design and build, great job!!! Too bad the winters don't give you a chance to test it's limits!!

So I remember in the early 90's (not that long ago, right?) living in a area of heavy snow on top of Blue Mountain where the road graders with v-blades and wings would pile the banks 15' high on my road, and I could stand on the top and look down on the grader's roof of the cab.... my friends living there now say there is less than a foot of snow on the ground.... What happened??
    Doe,

We just got 2.5 ft on Tuesday. But yea I remember riding snowmobiles on the "shelves" they made winging back the high banks wow that was awesome.

Tractor
    kubota m59 2010

Quote Originally Posted by gsmaneeley View Post
    Doe,

We just got 2.5 ft on Tuesday. But yea I remember riding snowmobiles on the "shelves" they made winging back the high banks wow that was awesome.
    I'm so jealous We live in an area where the snowmobile trails open the earliest and close the lastest during each winter season.....except for the last few years I'll bet you had fun clearing snow this week

I've been looking at a Meyers salt spreader from Home Depot that attaches to the 2" receiver on the back of a pick-up truck.... does anyone know if it's worth trying? Not sure if the unit is good value, or if there are better options out there in the market.... I'm thinking that I need to consider spreading sand/salt mix seeing as there isn't much snow!!

Tractor
    kubota m59 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    This is what I'm using now on both tractors Only difference is that the implements on the 4720 are 72" and on the 5105M it's 80"

Nice photos!! The bucket is well designed for back-blading, making it very versatile The blower looks pretty heavy-duty.... have you had a chance to use them yet?

Tractor
    Kioti ck20

I'm loving that snow bucket also! Might have to look for something like that for my tractor.
    Phil. from Mass.
    2008 Kioti ck20 with 380 hours
    New to me 2011 K120 loader

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by mpham View Post
    I'm loving that snow bucket also! Might have to look for something like that for my tractor.
    x3......

I've often wondered if mounting and modifying a small box blade for the FEL would do the trick
    2010 Kubota B2320 FEL & BH65
    If it ain't fixed don't broke it!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...-month-wdchyd/

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere UTV w/plow

Put both pairs of tire chains on the mog today, hoping we will get some snow Monday and Monday night.

-img_2543-jpg-img_2544-jpg

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    Put both pairs of tire chains on the mog today, hoping we will get some snow Monday and Monday night.

-img_2543-jpg-img_2544-jpg
    That is one crazy awesome machine you have there. I live in N. Georgia now and we just don't get snow. Was raised in N. Illinois and I always remembered snow as a kid. Was up there this last week and they had 1" in Chicago for, get this, the first time in 355 days. Things do change.

MarkV

Page 153 of 217 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203 ... LastLast