Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,561  
The cab makes life much easier when plowing and the counterweight works very well. Have got chains but will wait until winter really sets in.

That's a great counter weight. Nice touch with the receiver, that should save you from dropping the weight when your neighbor is stuck, or you need to move a trailer. Love it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,562  
The "awesome mog" is broken down as of this morning...

Oh!! Sad news about the Mog.

At least it is something simple like a broken gas pedal. I was afraid you were going to tell us the engine was shot or the tranny or something big like that. How much does a gas pedal for a 50 year old German machine cost to replace?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,563  

At least it is something simple like a broken gas pedal. I was afraid you were going to tell us the engine was shot or the tranny or something big like that. How much does a gas pedal for a 50 year old German machine cost to replace?

$95 for the pedal assembly, which includes the pedal, the hinge plate, and the arm that the linkage attaches to. This is a new assembly, not used. This isn't "cheap", but I was happy to see they had one in stock. It looks like there is going to be some relatively warm weather over the weekend, but I won't have the part until next week at the earliest.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,564  

$95 for the pedal assembly, which includes the pedal, the hinge plate, and the arm that the linkage attaches to. This is a new assembly, not used. This isn't "cheap", but I was happy to see they had one in stock. It looks like there is going to be some relatively warm weather over the weekend, but I won't have the part until next week at the earliest.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,565  

Agreed that it's not cheap, but it beats an engine overhaul or a tranny rebuild.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,566  
DSC00265_zpsa7cdc3d3.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,568  
Nice photos!! The bucket is well designed for back-blading, making it very versatile:thumbsup: The blower looks pretty heavy-duty.... have you had a chance to use them yet?

Yes plenty of times, pictures were taken 3 years ago. Implements are not so shiny anymore, or even so yellow for that matter. They are industrial-grade and very heavy so fuel economy takes a hit but this will blow through whatever a northern Maine winter can throw at you. Even with 66 hp the JD 4720 barely makes the cut with regards to power requirements for the blower but that has not translated into any particular problems. I purchased these after attending a demo at the JD dealership where they used a 4520 so I figured it was a safe bet. I had also seen them on county equipment. When I purchased a second, larger tractor I got the same toys for it, but the 80-inch variant. Like many such equipment, they come from Canada.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,569  
Looks comfy. needs chains.

Chains or weight at the back, like a nice 1-ton blower :D

But seriously what he needs depends on what he does. If the main job is to remove snow with a manure bucket (as opposed to larger snow bucket) then he's good to go. It's tedious but it works ok if you're not a contractor and don't have a mile-long driveway. There are many creative ways to use a bucket not meant for the purpose to clear snow with: push, pull, drag, crush, scoop.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,570  
Chains or weight at the back, like a nice 1-ton blower :D

But seriously what he needs depends on what he does. If the main job is to remove snow with a manure bucket (as opposed to larger snow bucket) then he's good to go. It's tedious but it works ok if you're not a contractor and don't have a mile-long driveway. There are many creative ways to use a bucket not meant for the purpose to clear snow with: push, pull, drag, crush, scoop.
Theres a 6ft snow blower for the back, it doesnt really need chains it gets plenty of traction. The front axle has positive traction and there is a rear diff lock if you see it. Its got ballast in the tires so its got plenty of weight.