Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,591  
Here is a picture of my little toy. My first tractor. L3400 with a loader and sub frame mount BH 75 backhoe. I picked up this 60 inch Agrotrend blower and it is perfect. Had to put a set of remotes on to power the hydraulic shoot. Dealer did a beautiful job putting the control through the vacant draft control slot to the right of the seat. It's up at the cottage just outside of Huntsville Ontario. I can't wait to get up on weekends and have some fun!

Very sweet machine, wished mine would be so pristine but alas, beasts of burden show the strain :(

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,592  
Here is a picture of my little toy. My first tractor. L3400 with a loader and sub frame mount BH 75 backhoe. I picked up this 60 inch Agrotrend blower and it is perfect. Had to put a set of remotes on to power the hydraulic shoot. Dealer did a beautiful job putting the control through the vacant draft control slot to the right of the seat. It's up at the cottage just outside of Huntsville Ontario. I can't wait to get up on weekends and have some fun!

Very sweet machine, wished mine would be so pristine but alas, beasts of burden show the strain :(

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,593  
seems to me that setup would be a bit (lot) tipsy with a heavy, high load. I have run off terrain forklifts in the past....not very stable. outriggers help, but take a long time to set.

It'll bring a whole new meaning to cleaning off the roof....:D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,594  

I can't quite make out what's going on there. I assume the red port at top is Power Beyond for the BH75? Is that being used, or just looping around back to the other PB port?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,595  
Here's my snow weapon. Just finished clearing the 7" of fresh snow we got last night. It's the most snow we've had all season. I purchased the blower last year and only had enough snow then to see if it actually functioned before the warranty lapsed. I removed the hand crank and installed a 12v motor for the chute rotation. Works great other than being a little slow. The plow was purchased in Oct 2012 and it works great too. I made brackets for the rear skid shoes, as I don't like leaving the FEL arms hovering low to the ground. All in all, a great day clearing snow today and everything worked as it should.

View attachment 302030View attachment 302031

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,596  
Here's my snow weapon. Just finished clearing the 7" of fresh snow we got last night. It's the most snow we've had all season. I purchased the blower last year and only had enough snow then to see if it actually functioned before the warranty lapsed. I removed the hand crank and installed a 12v motor for the chute rotation. Works great other than being a little slow. The plow was purchased in Oct 2012 and it works great too. I made brackets for the rear skid shoes, as I don't like leaving the FEL arms hovering low to the ground. All in all, a great day clearing snow today and everything worked as it should.

View attachment 302030View attachment 302031

Very nice setup you got there. I admire those hearty souls who aren't afraid to use cabless tractors to remove snow. CUT's without cabs are very rare up here. The slow turning chute could be a blessing in disguise, the ridiculously high speed at which hydraulic chutes rotate often makes them frustrating to use and dangerous for pedestrians who don't expect it to change direction so fast.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,597  
Here's one I use

Where the heck is that? Sometimes I think these photos HAVE to be photoshopped, I can't fathom the kind of snow build-up that I see!!! Of course, I would love it to happen here.... just once.... just for the experience.... kind of like a survivalist, but a snowblower instead of gun.... that way nobody dies:D

That photo looks like my old stomping ground. It looks like the Trans Labrador Highway in Labrador, Newfoundland. I've spent many years in that area on equipment.
Check the link.

Photos of Snow On the Labrador Highway And we think we have a lot of snow

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,598  
Yes plenty of times, pictures were taken 3 years ago. Implements are not so shiny anymore, or even so yellow for that matter. They are industrial-grade and very heavy so fuel economy takes a hit but this will blow through whatever a northern Maine winter can throw at you. Even with 66 hp the JD 4720 barely makes the cut with regards to power requirements for the blower but that has not translated into any particular problems. I purchased these after attending a demo at the JD dealership where they used a 4520 so I figured it was a safe bet. I had also seen them on county equipment. When I purchased a second, larger tractor I got the same toys for it, but the 80-inch variant. Like many such equipment, they come from Canada.

Karly,
What size SHoule blower are you running on your 4720? I'm curious if you could elaborate on how well it works with the power of the PTO. What is your PTO HP? Please please please post some pics of that Shoule in action from NEMO! :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,599  
Yes plenty of times, pictures were taken 3 years ago. Implements are not so shiny anymore, or even so yellow for that matter. They are industrial-grade and very heavy so fuel economy takes a hit but this will blow through whatever a northern Maine winter can throw at you. Even with 66 hp the JD 4720 barely makes the cut with regards to power requirements for the blower but that has not translated into any particular problems. I purchased these after attending a demo at the JD dealership where they used a 4520 so I figured it was a safe bet. I had also seen them on county equipment. When I purchased a second, larger tractor I got the same toys for it, but the 80-inch variant. Like many such equipment, they come from Canada.

Karl,
What size SHoule blower are you running on your 4720? I'm curious if you could elaborate on how well it works with the power of the PTO. What is your PTO HP? Please please please post some pics of that Shoule in action from NEMO! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,600