Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,631  
BCrWGSGCUAARYVr.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,632  
Here's mine; 2003 TJ, 6.0(LQ4), 4L65E, 241OR, D60 with ARB, 14 bolt with Detroit, 40" Krawlers, 7.5' Fisher cut down to 6'8"

Nice looking Jeep. It brings back a lot of good memories!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,635  
Obviously you need either studs in those tires or a set of ice chains and they should be loaded with rimguard or Cal. Cloride. Naw on second thought if you loaded those fat boys you either wouldn't have enough engine to turn them or you would twist off drive line components that weren't up to the job. :devil:

Um..., are you being sarcastic?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,636  
Guess the dog has to hold for while longer.

Not a good way to start long day of snow remoeal.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,637  
Um..., are you being sarcastic?

Yes I was, hence the devil smiley. As fun as fat tire jeeps are to build and run you would never end up with one if you started with a clean sheet of paper and set out to design an efficient snow moving machine. But your having a good time with it and getting the job done ,so carry on and keep it wheels down.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,638  
Right on. You're right... built it to wheel... but with about $500 into a mount and blade I can clear my 300' driveway in 15min. (3 corners and a parking area), as well as my neighbor's driveway in 3min (shown in the vid) I do have in mind to make some chains and a balast box to make it work a little better for the big snowfalls.

I also have in mind to build a purpose built rig for snow removal... we'll see. I can clear snow, haul gravel, and log with the jeep, so may not be worth it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,639  
NS Gearhead,
You should put a track kit on that Jeep! That would be one mean snow machine!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,640  
NS Gearhead,
You should put a track kit on that Jeep! That would be one mean snow machine!