Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,701  
[URL=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii61/swamprat69er/WillSnowBlowing_zpsb3c1235b.mp4][/URL]

Look at the 10 second mark in this video.You can see the reduction box and before that you can see the drive shaft from the mid mount.

Is that the $3000 front mount kit I've seen, or have you found something cheaper? That $3000 kit puts the whole setup at the same cost as the Kubota front mount blower, and I can't justify that kind of price for the handful of storms that I actually NEED to use the blower. I may want a front setup at some point, but right now, I use both the blower and the plow depending on who & where I'm clearing snow, and so far I've gotten pretty good at using the mirrors as much as possible. One more big convex interior mirror and/or a video camera, and I'm hoping I'll be good to go.

But a front mount setup would eventually be real nice.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,702  
[URL=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii61/swamprat69er/WillSnowBlowing_zpsb3c1235b.mp4][/URL]

Look at the 10 second mark in this video.You can see the reduction box and before that you can see the drive shaft from the mid mount.

Is that the $3000 front mount kit I've seen, or have you found something cheaper? That $3000 kit puts the whole setup at the same cost as the Kubota front mount blower, and I can't justify that kind of price for the handful of storms that I actually NEED to use the blower. I may want a front setup at some point, but right now, I use both the blower and the plow depending on who & where I'm clearing snow, and so far I've gotten pretty good at using the mirrors as much as possible. One more big convex interior mirror and/or a video camera, and I'm hoping I'll be good to go.

But a front mount setup would eventually be real nice.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,703  
Yes it is the $3,000.oo kit. The front mount is good only if you mount the blower in the fall and take it off in spring. My game plan is to use the blower as counterweight for the loader in the summer. I did that from June of last year until November when I put the blower in front. IF I need to put on my cement mixer or trailer, I will just drop off the blower.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,704  
OK, thanks for the information.

I need to have the FEL on the machine pretty much year round with a lot of my tasks, which is why I went with the rear blower setup. I haven't yet removed the loader on my B3000 in the first 35 hours, and only once removed the loader on the B3030 in 365 hours simply to run through the procedure.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,705  
One other option for you is to make the blower hydraulically driven and drop off the bucket and pick up the blower. Use the loader hydraulics to run the blower.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,706  
Is this the M K Martin kit? I'm not sure I've seen another member here with one. That's nice. Out of curiousity, have you ever tried mounting anything else on the front...... such as a finish mower or bush hog?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,707  
One other option for you is to make the blower hydraulically driven and drop off the bucket and pick up the blower. Use the loader hydraulics to run the blower.

No way, no how will you have the flow needed for that. Look at the incredible blower that grsthegreat has. He has a PTO driven hydraulic pump with huge reservoir.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,709  
Ductape,

Yes it is the M.K.Martin kit. The only other thing I've got for her is the loader.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,710  
I would love to just use the current blower I have on the front, but there isn't a front three point that I can buy for the 2520. I think the material required to fab my own wouldn't be that expensive, but I don't have the metal working skill required to make it work good.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet