Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,741  
To those of you that work on an open tractor: what do you wear while you are blowing or plowing snow out in the open? I have an old snowmobile suit that leaks like a sieve and I am looking for something that will keep me warm and dry.
Thanks, Otto

I have a Gore-Tex ice fishing jacket and bibs from Cabela's. Kept me warm and dry on my old open station tractor as well as when I'm out working with the dogs. I also have a snowmobile helmet with heated visor that kept the face from turning to ice.

Cabela's: Cabela's Guidewearョ GORE-TEXョ Ice Angler Parka Regular

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,742  
Sounds like you're well prepared!!

I don't know about being well prepared, but I do (for the most part) stay warm.

Mad Bomber hats (I think Tanker Hat is the correct nomenclature) are very warm. I've had them for years and still have one.

I've had my bomber hat since 1995, but only wear it when it's *very* cold out. I absolutely will not wear that hat if I'm physically active because they are so warm that I start sweating in it. But, they are very nice to wear ice fishing!

The main reason I bought the Filson Mackinaw hat (which is as warm as the Mad Bomber) is for the bill....as you know, the Mad Bomber bill isn't too good for keeping the glare down. Now, if you wear goggles, the Mad Bomber hat works great!

You are correct about the bill not keeping the glare down! I do have goggles, but I've only worn them a few times because they seem to obstruct my view, so sun glasses are my first choice! I've considered buying a Filson hat, but every time I put one on I think about when my kids told me I reminded them of Elmer Fudd. Lol! YMMV!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,743  
I've considered buying a Filson hat, but every time I put one on I think about when my kids told me I reminded them of Elmer Fudd. Lol! YMMV!

Well....that's true. The Mackinaw hat does look like something Elmer Fudd wears...but one must set their priorities and a warm head and ears is my priority.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,744  
1980-317 w/cab & 49 blower:

HPIM2635 (Custom).JPG

& my 83-420 w/54 blade:

HPIM2647 (Custom).JPG

grnspot

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,745  
I like my front mount snowblower but I'm disappointed yearly by the time it takes to put it on and take it off, compared to my other Kubota implements...anyone else feel the same?

Attachments

• IMG_6112.jpg
    IMG_6112.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_6111.jpg
    IMG_6111.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 294
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,746  
I have a 45 hp cub cadet shuttle shift 4x4 with an 8ft snow box on the front that is mounted on a quick tach plate(a friend and I built it out of an 8 ft fisher plow blade, and boy have I been pleased to have a trip edge a couple times this winter) and on the rear I have a 6ft snow blower that I built a hydraulic rotator for.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,747  
I have a 45 hp cub cadet shuttle shift 4x4 with an 8ft snow box on the front that is mounted on a quick tach plate(a friend and I built it out of an 8 ft fisher plow blade, and boy have I been pleased to have a trip edge a couple times this winter) and on the rear I have a 6ft snow blower that I built a hydraulic rotator for.

Got any pictures? We love pictures... especially of home built equipment.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,748  

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,749  

Pics please? :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,750  

This is the best i can do off cuff without taking some new photos. Been busy getting stuck in the back yard(had to cut up a set of rear tire chains for the front tires (im not happy with the fit but i did get unstuckwith em)).

if you want i can add a few more photos this week.

WP_20130125_002.jpgWP_20130101_013.jpgWP_20130101_004.jpg