Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,201  
Well here's my setup that's replacing the Jeep I had. Just got the tracks all adjusted. Not shown are the side "wings". I plan to just run one on the opposite side that I windrow.

That's a mean looking machine but wonder if it has enough weight to push deep snow? My tractor (3,000 lbs) has front blade and snow deeper than a foot will push it sideways.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,202  
I have no doubt it'll work, as many people around here use atvs to clean their driveways, but how well it will work is what I'm waiting to see. The bike's 700lbs, tracks are 300lbs, and with me and the rest of the stuff on it will bring over 1,300lbs. The blade's 60" wide, but prob 48 or so when angled... 17" tall. 1,300lbs pushing 48" with the traction that the tracks will generate... we'll see, but I'm pretty confident it will do well. It'll also have the ability to take multiple passes... as in if I got 2' of snow, I could push the top foot as the tracks float over what's left, then take another pass.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,203  
It'll also have the ability to take multiple passes... as in if I got 2' of snow, I could push the top foot as the tracks float over what's left, then take another pass.

Oh I never thought of that. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,205  
IMG-20140924-00206.jpgGetting ready for winter. my new add on a 7.5 ft. Fisher plow, already for yellow paint. I finished painting the bucket, the frame and plow mounts, primed the plow. Now working on new hoses to go to the rear remotes as well as a cross over cushion valve. drained the cylinders yesterday and filled with UDT 2. also pictured is my 1 ton dodge with 8 ft plow. I am in the process of welding a 3 point hitch on the plow frame so it will be able to go front or back on the tractor with power angle. when on the front I have a 1/2 ton counter weight made in a 55 gallon can.IMG-20140924-00202.jpgIMG-20140924-00204.jpgIMG-20140924-00202.jpgsnow 006.jpgsnow 006.jpgIMG_7565.JPG

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,206  
We very rarely get more then 12". 6-8" is the norm.

She makes 44hp, and the tracks provide some gear reduction.

My favorite part of this setup is that I'll be able to bank the snow forever. I'll never run out of room. :)

Like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFQNc8tLRk0

Thats a nice setup. What is the advantage of the plow and tracks vs an ATV mounted snowblower? Do the carbs on those blowers ice bad?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,207  
Getting ready for winter. my new add on a 7.5 ft. Fisher plow, already for yellow paint.
Did you put a plate behind the angle brackets that attach the blade arms to the bucket? If not I'd worry about it deforming the bucket.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,208  
I have no doubt it'll work, [....]

Who cares if it works or not, it's gonna be fun riding it regardless. :) Seriously though. I think it will work just fine, but I'd still be willing to bet you're gonna miss that jeep w/heat. Enjoy the new toy! :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,209  
Did you put a plate behind the angle brackets that attach the blade arms to the bucket? If not I'd worry about it deforming the bucket.
there is a very large piece of steel on the back side of the bucket (part of it) and the plates are bolted in right where the loader arms attach.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,210  
Thats a nice setup. What is the advantage of the plow and tracks vs an ATV mounted snowblower? Do the carbs on those blowers ice bad?

The tracks with plow probably cost the same as a blower would have, but with this I've got the tracks for trail riding, and have one less engine to maintain. The plow will probably be quicker as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a blower as well, and may try making a rear mount PTO blower work for this,... but it's way down the list.

Who cares if it works or not, it's gonna be fun riding it regardless. :) Seriously though. I think it will work just fine, but I'd still be willing to bet you're gonna miss that jeep w/heat. Enjoy the new toy! :thumbsup:

I do have plans to build a full hard cab for it someday;
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/313510-atv-hard-cab.html
... but man the glass and/or suitable lexan is big $$$. With the Jeep I used to have the windows and rear hatch open when plowing anyway. LOL Things would fog up, so I'd crank the heat, then it would be too hot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHK1NYqfP8Q&list=UUAlwehXiET2wmr4AQPsOlcQ