Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,221  
beenthere you did nearly the same thing I did on my FEL 3pt.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,223  
I got the Meyer truck plow setup complete on my 4120. I did some test runs on my drive. It worked very well on the paved driveway.

It did not work so well on the gravel drive that was put in this year. The skid shoes & blade just dig into the gravel.

I am looking into making some wider skid shoes.

Another option I thought about is cutting a slot in a piece of 3" steel pipe & slipping it over the cutting edge. I have read about this being done on snow blowers & loader buckets, but not plows,

Has anyone used pipe on a blade?

I also made a cart to store the blade on.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,224  
....................Has anyone used pipe on a blade?................

Lots of people have used plastic pipe. There are different types of plastic and some tolerate cold temps and impact. I like your idea of steel pipe. It would be more durable than the best plastic pipe and it would be easy to add a couple tabs on the back side to be able to temporarily chain or bolt it to the blade.

It would be nice to do slight upward bends at the ends so it isn't as likely to dig in there. Maybe with schedule 40 there would be enough material to grind a radius at the end. We have conduit benders at work that would work great to tweak the ends up before cutting a slot for the blade to rest in. For that matter, with steel pipe it may be easy to add tabs and just bolt it on without slitting it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,225  
Lots of people have used plastic pipe. There are different types of plastic and some tolerate cold temps and impact. I like your idea of steel pipe. It would be more durable than the best plastic pipe and it would be easy to add a couple tabs on the back side to be able to temporarily chain or bolt it to the blade.

It would be nice to do slight upward bends at the ends so it isn't as likely to dig in there. Maybe with schedule 40 there would be enough material to grind a radius at the end. We have conduit benders at work that would work great to tweak the ends up before cutting a slot for the blade to rest in. For that matter, with steel pipe it may be easy to add tabs and just bolt it on without slitting it.

Thanks Chim. I did not think about the ends digging in. Maybe I could thread the ends of the pipe before cutting the slot in in it & use cast pipe caps on on each end.

I am wanting to make the pipe quick install & remove. I do not think I want to use it on the paved drive, because I want it as clean as possible. The pipe will pack a thin layer of snow on the paved drive. Thinking maybe d rings & ratchet straps.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,226  
Do you have welding equipment? If you can't bend the ends up a little bit you could always buy a couple 45 degree bends or a 90 and cut it in half. Weld the 45's on the ends of the pipe. I'm picturing the caps wanting to drag since their OD is larger than the pipe.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,227  
beenthere you did nearly the same thing I did on my FEL View attachment 396063

Hmmm?
I don't have anything like that on my FEL. Is it a plow mount? Looks pretty heavy duty.

Only think I have on my FEL is a bucket or the JD forks.
I did modify the forks so they could be easily picked up with the iMatch quick hitch.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,228  
Another option I thought about is cutting a slot in a piece of 3" steel pipe & slipping it over the cutting edge. I have read about this being done on snow blowers & loader buckets, but not plows,

My Boss came with a turf bar. Works great. Better than shoes.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,229  

My Boss came with a turf bar. Works great. Better than shoes.