Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,431  
D7E, just curious but how is the traction with the CAT 928G? Why I ask is I've watched you-tube videos of wheeled loaders and they seem to have very poor traction, especially with bald tires and/or no chains. Thanks, Stanley

Yes the grip with these tyres is poor . If it were not needed to load high semi trailers I think the backhoe with big bucket pushes more

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,433  
ForumRunner_20150110_170011.png

ForumRunner_20150110_170215.png

Not the best pic, but using mye rear bucket to clear

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150110_170044.png
    ForumRunner_20150110_170044.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 188
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,435  
Ooops

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,436  
A buddy has a manual Angle. Many years ago he took his Truck plow and welded it to a Quick Attach Blank panel. It works well for him. He too, is getting wiery of cold and wind and hopping out of the cab to adjust. We may be getting the Mig out and bracket in this setup. Snow Plow Power Angle Package

I never really understood how much better it was gonna be to plow from a heated cab......... I looked for this ugly fella for several years and finally tripped across him. Cheap, mega-frankenstein truck, 6x6, dump bed, remote hydraulics with a 7.3 diesel. Nothing about this guy is stock, but works good enough toe a yard truck (BIG yard). Useful for a lot of other things, too.......

Attachments

• Brutus and Bess 2014.JPG
    Brutus and Bess 2014.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 269
  • Bess0.jpg
    Bess0.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 288
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,437  
Just purchased my first tractor last week. 2014 New Holland T4.75 - arrived just in time for the snow.
IMG_6967.jpg

Just using the bucket for now - thinking a front blade should probably be next, and maybe a blower.
1/2 mile driveway + small farmyard to clear. Open to suggestions - willing to make an investment in the right equipment for long-term use.

Very happy with the NH so far - seems like too much fun to be a 'work' vehicle. ;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,438  
A couple of pictures from 2008.IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0343.jpgIMG_0351.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,439  
Just purchased my first tractor last week. 2014 New Holland T4.75 - arrived just in time for the snow.
View attachment 406404

Just using the bucket for now - thinking a front blade should probably be next, and maybe a blower.
1/2 mile driveway + small farmyard to clear. Open to suggestions - willing to make an investment in the right equipment for long-term use.

Very happy with the NH so far - seems like too much fun to be a 'work' vehicle. ;)

Congrats on the new tractor.
I like the use the blower for snow as it spreads away from the driveway and no banks are on the edge. You will notice this from oldtimer 66 photos after yours what I mean.
I just use the bucket for some hard to blow inside corners.
A blade on the front and a blower on the back work well.

Al

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,440  
Five point best of luck and congrats with the new tractor. Looks like you will be warm and dry in the snow. I purchased a Woodmaxx snowblower last year worked great, also had a snow plow for the front.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet