Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #271  
Nice job on the blade as well.You sure look happy in it. A cab sure makes a Hugh difference. Enjoyed seeing the photo's as well :thumbsup:

Paul, I wish I could take credit on the plow but I did not make it. I got it brand new from a small company near Ephrata, PA. for about $1200.00 (cash only!) complete with the cylinders and two short hoses. He originally wanted $1600.00 but cash did the trick. I also bought a brand new set of forks for $350.00. Thank you for the kind words.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #272  
A couple pics of my B3030 with FEL plow. Blade angle controlled by rear remotes. I originally ran the hoses from the front to the rear outlets with 2 long hoses. I've since added quick attach couplings on the FEL cross tube, then at the location where the loader can be removed from the tractor, then out to the rear outlets. I need (whenever I get some time) to make a new weight bucket. This one was from my old B1550 and I think the B3030 will handle more additional weight. I might go with another metal barrel filled halfway with concrete. These pictures were taken during the blizzard of 2010 where we got record snowfall here in Maryland. I had to switch from this plow to the bucket to dig out the huge drifts. Back and forth, back and forth. But at least I was warm in the tractor. I went out a couple of times in the middle of the night and the snow was blowing sideways but I was very comfortable. Unlike my 1550 where my fingers and toes would freeze. Just having a separation from the blowing wind and snow is wonderful.

It looks like you get around just fine with turf tires.

Are you satisfied with that.??

That is a gorgeous snow machine. Another poster here occasionally...SMFACP (or something like that:p) He sometimes parades pictures of his B3030 with cab and front blower.

I'd like to have one.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #275  
It looks like you get around just fine with turf tires.

Are you satisfied with that.??

That is a gorgeous snow machine. Another poster here occasionally...SMFACP (or something like that:p) He sometimes parades pictures of his B3030 with cab and front blower.

I'd like to have one.

Ron, thanks for the kind words. I know there are plenty of arguments for the different type tires out there for snow removal but I think turfs are great in the snow. This past 2010 blizzard was a challenge I'm sure for many people but I did just fine. Granted I couldn't push my way through 4 and 5 foot drifts but that is where the loader equipped with the bucket came in handy. Since my 3030 is also used to cut the 3 + acres the turfs don't tear up the grass. And you are right smfcpacfp (Steve from Michigan) has a terrific setup with his front snow blower. That is the way to go when you have the heavy snows that he gets frequently. Until we get that much snow on a regular basis I'm very happy with my front end loader blade. I know some people aren't fans of the FEL blade (Kennyd I'm talking about you, are your ears burning? ha-ha!) but I got the blade for a very good price and I like the skid steer quick attach system. If money wasn't an issue then maybe I would go with a frame mounted system like others have or even get the snow blower. Again thanks Ron for the kind words.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #276  
Ron, thanks for the kind words. I know there are plenty of arguments for the different type tires out there for snow removal but I think turfs are great in the snow. This past 2010 blizzard was a challenge I'm sure for many people but I did just fine. Granted I couldn't push my way through 4 and 5 foot drifts but that is where the loader equipped with the bucket came in handy. Since my 3030 is also used to cut the 3 + acres the turfs don't tear up the grass. And you are right smfcpacfp (Steve from Michigan) has a terrific setup with his front snow blower. That is the way to go when you have the heavy snows that he gets frequently. Until we get that much snow on a regular basis I'm very happy with my front end loader blade. I know some people aren't fans of the FEL blade (Kennyd I'm talking about you, are your ears burning? ha-ha!) but I got the blade for a very good price and I like the skid steer quick attach system. If money wasn't an issue then maybe I would go with a frame mounted system like others have or even get the snow blower. Again thanks Ron for the kind words.

Thanks for the reply. Good post.

The way I see it is turf tires are much like a truck with a plow, lacking some weight. Your pictures are quite convinceing.

I like that set-up but money becomes short. For instance, I just built a price at Kubota's website and after adding up all the little things the price came out to $35,000 for the B3030hst with the front blower. Ouch. Sure, there has got to be a discount in there somewhere but I'll never afford a tractor over $20,000.

If I may ask...did you pay over $25,0000 for that rig.?? Of course used could always be a possibility.

Regardless, it is a sharp tool that can do a lot of work. And, worth the money.

Congrats on a fine tractor.!!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #277  
SRS: I envy you that rig: especially the cab! I live just down the road from you, and remember those two storms all too well! Did you get your tractor from Hickory? I have an older B8200, with a blade on the back and a bucket on the front. I wound up getting chains when I just couldn't get enough grunt to dig into the piles of snow on the sides of our lane, which I had cleared to about 7-8' wide... but the oil truck, which we desperately needed, wanted about 10' of clearance to get up the hill, thru the woods, to our house. Now, if I just had that cab... (with heat- what an invention!)

Attachments

• P1000343.jpg
    P1000343.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 440
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #278  
I'll never afford a tractor over $20,000.

If I may ask...did you pay over $25,0000 for that rig.??

Here is the breakdown for when I bought it from Neil at Messicks in Elizabethtown, PA. He contributes here quite often. I bought the tractor in March 2008.
B3030 HSDC with LA 403 loader $21,300
ATI quick coupler (meaning skid steer quick attach system) $650.00
Modify Kubota bucket to fit the ATI coupler (involves cutting off original brackets and then welding attachment plate to bucket, spray painting it) $150.00
Filled rear tires $200.00
Radio mounting kit (no radio) $250.00
Rear hydraulic remote (single) $600.00
60 inch mid mount mower $2,200.00
Trade in Kubota B1550 with loader, mid mower, and bagger -$6,000.00
Total sale price $19,350.00

The prices mentioned are mostly retail but I thought the trade was pretty fair. He charged me $50.00 to weld on two hooks on the bucket. I thought that was cheap on Messick's part. He could have thrown that in for free. I never did get any kind of special on free service or anything else. Well that isn't exactly true I did get a hat! I had one warranty claim when the linkage hung up and a service tech came out right away to the house and fixed it. Never had any problems after that. So you take the good with the bad I guess. Could I have gotten a better deal, maybe, but one thing for sure is Messick has a very good service dept and parts dept. Hope this helps.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #279  
Here is the breakdown for when I bought it from Neil at Messicks in Elizabethtown, PA. He contributes here quite often. I bought the tractor in March 2008.
B3030 HSDC with LA 403 loader $21,300
ATI quick coupler (meaning skid steer quick attach system) $650.00
Modify Kubota bucket to fit the ATI coupler (involves cutting off original brackets and then welding attachment plate to bucket, spray painting it) $150.00
Filled rear tires $200.00
Radio mounting kit (no radio) $250.00
Rear hydraulic remote (single) $600.00
60 inch mid mount mower $2,200.00
Trade in Kubota B1550 with loader, mid mower, and bagger -$6,000.00
Total sale price $19,350.00

The prices mentioned are mostly retail but I thought the trade was pretty fair. He charged me $50.00 to weld on two hooks on the bucket. I thought that was cheap on Messick's part. He could have thrown that in for free. I never did get any kind of special on free service or anything else. Well that isn't exactly true I did get a hat! I had one warranty claim when the linkage hung up and a service tech came out right away to the house and fixed it. Never had any problems after that. So you take the good with the bad I guess. Could I have gotten a better deal, maybe, but one thing for sure is Messick has a very good service dept and parts dept. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that.

Heck of a deal. Well worth the money.

I like it when posters say how much a tractor or an implement cost them. Real world numbers. It helps us dream.:thumbsup:

Wait a minute....You don't mention the cost of the blower.??