Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,981  
WPD820 that 1620 is in mint condition! you find one left over in a crate or something?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,982  
WPD820 that 1620 is in mint condition! you find one left over in a crate or something?
Thanks, it is in very good condition but the pictures are a little deceiving. It has its share of dents and dings. A little rust here and there. I've owned it for about 5-6 years and it had less than 500 hrs on it when I got it. It's been garage kept since I've owned it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,983  
20151213_131631.jpg Here's my Normand N86 260TR blower with side chute (aka snow laser). I just picked it up last December, and with the El Nino last winter I didn't get to use it much. I tried uploading a video, but I need 5 posts to do it (new guy here). This is post #4, so stay tuned...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,985  
Wow that's pretty cool. I've never even heard of a side chute blower...!

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,986  
Very nice! First time I've seen that.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,987  
For more rotating drum style snowblower videos, search YouTube for Pronovost TRC model, or simply "rotating drum" or Shute.

I don't think there is a more effective way to blow snow than bypassing the Shute like that! I didn't know normand made that style.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,988  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,989  
For more rotating drum style snowblower videos, search YouTube for Pronovost TRC model, or simply "rotating drum" or Shute.

I don't think there is a more effective way to blow snow than bypassing the Shute like that! I didn't know normand made that style.

Why is it more effective by bypassing the chute?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,990  
Why is it more effective by bypassing the chute?

I'm taking the lazy way out, and quoting my post from another thread a while back :D

The "housing" that encompasses the fan on the snowblower is referred to as the 'drum'. Typically the snow gets pushed into the drum by the main auger, and then the "2nd stage" portion of the blower is the fan itself, pushing the snow through the shute.

Sometimes the shute can get clogged/blocked with heavy wet snow, and the shute itself also restricts the snow from being thrown further (just the nature of the narrow passage and friction of the snow being pushed through.)

A "rotating" drum, means that the housing can actually rotate hydraulically, which bypasses the drum. So, instead of the snow coming out the shute, it exits at a "hole" in the drum BEFORE it goes up the shute, and just gets discharged out the side instead. There is a "hole" on both sides of the drum, and you can rotate it so either of these holes are used, or so they are both blocked, in which case it will go up the shute.

Of course, with the rotating drum in use, you can't aim the snow aside from sending it through either the left side, or right side. However, you can clear a LOT more snow a lot faster, with less power required (your not pushing the snow through the shute.) It's also helpful in heavy wet snow that can clog the shute, in fact, you can completely clog the shute with a block of ice from heavy wet snow, and with it completely clogged, you can rotate the drum open continue blowing the snow.

Here is a video of a larger tractor using a blower with a rotating shute, the provonost P860TRC (the TRC comes standard with the rotating drum as I understand it) Granted, this tractor has 62pto hp which is more than most of us, but you get the idea...