Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #301  
beenthere,

Ingenious use of that ancient trailer hitch! I've got three or four of those things laying aroung the shop and was wondering what to do with them. They're kind of inconvenient to use as hitches because you have to crank them down, rather than just flip the lever as on new ones.

Good show!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #302  
From this.....
March2009010.jpg

To this....
JDPtoLive93010005.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #303  
From this.....
March2009010.jpg

To this....
JDPtoLive93010005.jpg

I assume that is walk behind to tractor driven:thumbsup:
If we get the snow we are supposed to tonight I should be able to post pics of the 3040 with the dozer blade. Not enough for the blower yet. :(

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #304  
I think GordonGould's 12 valve 5.9l snow pusher might be my favourite and I am not really an overall Dodge guy....Nice

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #305  
Kind of pushed your luck a little. I've had the plow and chains on the International now for almost month. I don't mind putting the plow on in the cold weather but tire chains on tandems just sucks unless it's above 50 out.

I happened across one of your old posts on tire chains for your tractor. I called Desmarais and ordered a set. They were cheaper than what I could find on the internet. I even think I got the same type as you.

I usually get it done before deer season but the warm wether got me doing other stuff. Lucked out.

Great on the chains. You will like them.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #306  
........... I've had the plow and chains on the International now for almost month. I don't mind putting the plow on in the cold weather but tire chains on tandems just sucks unless it's above 50 out.

Tandems (two axles) or on duals? Would like see a pic of the rig.

We used to take a wheel off each side to make the duals into singles during the winter. Much better traction (less flotation) with singles on snow and ice, and as well they would be easier to chain up.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #307  
We used to take a wheel off each side to make the duals into singles during the winter. Much better traction (less flotation) with singles on snow and ice, and as well they would be easier to chain up.

I had never considered this. Makes a lot of sense.
My one ton is 4WD so I dont chain up until its icy. Then I have to take them off to go out on the road for a run to the saw mill. On and off with the dual chains gets a little old. Tough on the geezers fingers.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #308  

A lot of guys do that around here. The trucks look pretty silly with single wheels and dually fenders, but I guess they'd look even more silly upside down in a snow bank.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #309  
It is a lot easier to dig out the plow or blade and install in in 60 degree fall weather than to do it in the middle of the first snow storm with cold fingers and wet clothes.

I need to learn to follow my own advice. I ended up attaching the plow to my 4-wheeler last night in the dark in a blowing snow storm. I got to plow some snow, though. I plowed the path for the kids to get to the bus, and then they canceled school this morning on account of snow.